• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Looking for SPIA with link to CPI?

MAnnuity

Expert
Just like the title states. There seem to be plenty that offer the ability to select a certain percentage increase - but I am having difficulty locating any that still offer payouts that index to the CPI/CPI-U.

Much appreciated.

Just like the title states. There seem to be plenty that offer the ability to select a certain percentage increase - but I am having difficulty locating any that still offer payouts that index to the CPI/CPI-U.

Much appreciated.
Off the top of my head, I don't know any.

I'm guessing that it's a giant PITA to administer and make actuarily sound, at least currently.

Much appreciated.
unlikely to find many offerings today. Actuaries likely cant price such a currently volatile element like CPI without a huge discount currently. Even if they could, likely wouldnt make it attractive to client/agent, meaning no sales & wasted resources & product design. Last I knew, Thrivent offered one. Not sure if it is for sale to new money or just an offering from their internal contracts as death claim settlements, etc

I have seen some LTC policies with inflation riders linked to Medical CPI. not sure if those are still sold alot or not.

Good question though & would be nice design feature in SPIA, lifetime income riders, LTC benefits

Attachments

• CPI.JPG
    CPI.JPG
    87.7 KB · Views: 2
Just make sure your clients are Christian and that they're cool with a fraternal.
Yeah, I dont know much about them, but last I knew they were now offered on platforms like Schwab & Fidelity & TD Ameritrade. When I was in my Fidelity app looking at fixed products a year or 2 ago, I saw the Thrivent SPIA with CPI offering.

Was surprised how many carriers are on the fidelity platform, even for MYGA. Like W&S, Mass, USAA, Guardian, New York Life, etc

Last edited:
Back