CA Market

J.R.

Guru
1000 Post Club
Texas
Are these figures, courtesy of Dave, still accurate for 2008 in the CA market?

[FONT=&quot]Blue Cross CA - 20% 1st Year/10% Life of contract (actual premium)
Blue Shield CA - 20% 1st Year/10% Life of contract (actual premium)
OR 21% 1st Year/11% Life of contract (fixed at original premium
does not pay increases)
Health Net CA - 20% 1st Year/10% Life of contract (actual premium)
PCare* - 20% 1st Year/10% Life of contract (actual premium)
Kaiser - $100 per head 1st Year/$50 per head renewal (referral fee)

[/FONT]

That is on renewal premium. All companies do it off of renewal premium. Everything is as earned except for Assurant in california. By the way heard they are lowering the prices by 4 to 18 percent in some areas now they will be only be 60 dollars more then every company a month.

Stay out of my state already have to compete with GreenSky, JRoot, Al3, Dave20, Wildcat don't need another guy coming to offer our 33 million plus people health insurance.

Stay out of my state already have to compete with GreenSky, JRoot, Al3, Dave20, Wildcat don't need another guy coming to offer our 33 million plus people health insurance.
It's no problem. JR can take Al's place since he no longer is in the health insurance market.

Rick

That is on renewal premium. All companies do it off of renewal premium. Everything is as earned except for Assurant in california. By the way heard they are lowering the prices by 4 to 18 percent in some areas now they will be only be 60 dollars more then every company a month.

There is more than enough business to go around. If I started to think about the 22,000 or so agents in MD or the 13,000 or so agents in SC I'd have a hard time picking up the phone.

Fortunately for me, Rick is always off playing golf so that's not an issue, while Al is busy playing tennis... Your playing online poker and Dave020 primarily works different markets and will be getting a deployment letter letting him know that he'll be shortly receiving orders to Korea :).

Fortunately for me, Rick is always off playing golf so that's not an issue, while Al is busy playing tennis... Your playing online poker and Dave020 primarily works different markets and will be getting a deployment letter letting him know that he'll be shortly receiving orders to Korea :).
Because it's the weekend, I'm not sure if the grammar cop is around so let me correct you. In this case, it's you're.

As far as who is doing what, Al is not playing tennis. He's configuring SugarCRM.

Rick

It's no problem. JR can take Al's place since he no longer is in the health insurance market.

Rick

Just when I thought I was out... they pull me back in. - Michael Corleone

I keep calling small businesses for group and keep finding people who were on their wife's group but wife has lost job and COBRA is too expensive and they want me to write them IFP. Timing is good because Anthem Bluecross's "storm-door" is open now and they are taking risk that they would have declined six or eight months ago. Not sure how long it will last. I've done a lot of IFP the past 4 weeks... and I'm not even looking for it.

I feel badly for all the people laid off who had 100% employer participation plans and who now can't afford COBRA but it has been good for business. I'm selling the hell out of Lumenos 5000 plans or the 1500. It is either cheap or expensive. No one wants the middle tier.

I'm even thinking of taking some radio spots on Sunday during the Dr. Dean Edell show:

"Lost your job and your healthcare insurance? You may qualify for a well-known full major med plan. Not a mini-med or limited benefit plan but a real major med with lots of preventive services included in the price. yada, yada... call now at xxx or go to www...."

Or maybe I should do some TV spots. Perhaps I can get Rick as my spokesperson!

"Hey all you $#holes out there. I mean YOU mother-$#@!. You call this number right now, or I'm gonna come over there and kick your %$#ing teeth in. I got a medical plan for you and I don't wanna hear no crap outta you. You're buyin this and I don't give a %$#$@ what you say. Hey don't $#@! with me $#@hole. If you don't buy this, you're gonna wish you had."

Is that our Rick... or not? You gotta love 'em.

Al3

Because it's the weekend, I'm not sure if the grammar cop is around so let me correct you. In this case, it's you're.

As far as who is doing what, Al is not playing tennis. He's configuring SugarCRM.

Rick

First I belong to a nice tennis club GRRC - Amenities but I don't play tennis... I run and work with the weights... and watch the babes at the pool (I don't swim much... but as my legs are starting to show the wear and tear of 40 years of running I'm looking at doing more aquatics.)

Second, configuring SugarCRM beats hell out of re-installing YIO for the third time in a year because either the database became corrupt... or the HD crashed... or a virus... or spyware... or you spilled coffee on the keyboard... or your cat jumped on your desk and deleted all your files!

You guys would rather be out playing golf when you could be indoors configuring SugarCRM? What's the matter with you guys? ;)

Al

Second, configuring SugarCRM beats hell out of re-installing YIO for the third time in a year because either the database became corrupt... or the HD crashed... or a virus... or spyware... or you spilled coffee on the keyboard... or your cat jumped on your desk and deleted all your files!

You guys would rather be out playing golf when you could be indoors configuring SugarCRM? What's the matter with you guys? ;)

Al
Never had that problem. YIO is extremely stable on my system. But then again, I don't screw around with my system on a daily basis. I'd rather be playing golf or selling insurance. I'll leave the computer "playing" to nerds with too much time on their hands (not pointing fingers at anyone here).

Rick

Back