Enrolled someone in a med supp, now he has Medicaid?

jack3454

Super Genius
So 2 months ago I enrolled someone in a Med Supp and drug plan, and the guy said he had Medicaid but was kicked off of it. He turned 65. Also set him up on easy pay for part B premiums. Ok no problem.

I got a call from him yesterday saying they never took out the Part B premium from his account for the last 2 months. I did some research and found out he was approved for Medicaid again on 6/1, so the state paid his part B premiums.

Am I supposed to do something at this point, seeing as he now has Medicaid, a drug plan, and a med supp?

So 2 months ago I enrolled someone in a Med Supp and drug plan, and the guy said he had Medicaid but was kicked off of it. He turned 65. Also set him up on easy pay for part B premiums. Ok no problem.

I got a call from him yesterday saying they never took out the Part B premium from his account for the last 2 months. I did some research and found out he was approved for Medicaid again on 6/1, so the state paid his part B premiums.

Am I supposed to do something at this point, seeing as he now has Medicaid, a drug plan, and a med supp?

Some states medicaid will pay the med supp premium .if they have qmb medicaid or higher he really doesn't need a supplement unless he has must have doctors that won't accept medicaid for the 20% and part b deductible or if their is a good dsnp plan in their area look at that.

Some states medicaid will pay the med supp premium .if they have qmb medicaid or higher he really doesn't need a supplement unless he has must have doctors that won't accept medicaid for the 20% and part b deductible or if their is a good dsnp plan in their area look at that.
So I’m not sure about this…so if someone is say a Qi medicaid…would they still not need a supplement, or does it still make sense sometimes to have lover levels of Medicaid and still have a supplement?

We were told that if Medicaid, no supplement. But that was from my old upline who really was a jackass.

So I’m not sure about this…so if someone is say a Qi medicaid…would they still not need a supplement, or does it still make sense sometimes to have lover levels of Medicaid and still have a supplement?

We were told that if Medicaid, no supplement. But that was from my old upline who really was a jackass.
Q1 do not get medicare co insurance and deductibles paid by medicaid unless they meet their share of cost for the month so a med supp is suitable ( more so if they live in a low premium med supp state ) however it's rare to see Q1 with med supp because these people have income of less than 1700.00 monthly and less than 9400.00 in assets so usually will gravitate towards MA or Dsnp

Last edited:
Is it? Even on the online apps?
Yes. This is off of American Financial Security/Aetna eapp:

"1.You do not need more than one Medicare Supplement policy. 2.If you purchase this policy, you may want to evaluate your existing health coverage and decide if you need multiple coverages. 3.You may be eligible for benefits under Medicaid and may not need a Medicare Supplement policy. 4.If, after purchasing this policy, you become eligible for Medicaid, the benefits and premiums under your Medicare Supplement policy can be suspended, if requested, during your entitlement to benefits under Medicaid for 24 months. You must request this suspension within 90 days of becoming eligible for Medicaid. If you are no longer entitled to Medicaid, your suspended Medicare Supplement policy (or, if that is no longer available, a substantially equivalent policy) will be reinstituted if requested within 90 days of losing Medicaid eligibility. If the Medicare Supplement policy provided coverage for outpatient prescription drugs and you enrolled in Medicare Part D while your policy was suspended, there instituted policy will not have outpatient prescription drug coverage, but will otherwise be substantially equivalent to your coverage before the date of the suspension."

Latest posts

Back