new agency certificate of authority


New Member
I am opening an insurance agency in El Paso,TX. Now that i have my e&o they are telling me i need an insurance agency license and a certificate of authority before I can open for business and before I can get appointments. I have already sent to get my agency license, but where do I get the certificate of authority? They advised me that I can get it from the secretary of state website but I can't find it anywhere on the website. Please help! I am eager to get started already.
the texas dept. of insurance is telling me about the cert. of authority. Please help
That is proving your tax is paid and your business is in good standing.

You need to call the Secretary of States office, that is the only way to get it.