25 Years Old, No Health Problems, Denied Insurance

I agree with everyone here, reapply and have them re-evaluate. It happened to me before when I applied for my insurance and I was disapproved because 4 years before that I was diagnosed with respiratory tract infection. I feel it was so minor that I was not even admitted back then. So it happens, try again.

To those who think I had a dud for an agent, I fear you're probably right. She keeps insisting that since this didn't go through with the one and apparently only one insurance company She brokers for, my ONLY option is to go through my State's risk pool. Shouldn't the right thing for her to say be "before you do that, shop around for an insurance company that might not care about conditions older than 10 years?" There's more than one insurance company out there besides hers. Oh, and then when I asked if my application bureau could have been reported to the MIB, she says don't worry about that because that's only for life insurance. WRONG. Interestingly, I had no issues whatsoever getting a decent life insurance policy written through a different agent a few months ago.
Can anyone recommend a health insurance company that doesn't care about cancer older than 5-10 years? It's been over 20 years since I was cured.

To those who think I had a dud for an agent, I fear you're probably right. She keeps insisting that since this didn't go through with the one and apparently only one insurance company She brokers for, my ONLY option is to go through my State's risk pool. Shouldn't the right thing for her to say be "before you do that, shop around for an insurance company that might not care about conditions older than 10 years?" There's more than one insurance company out there besides hers. Oh, and then when I asked if my application bureau could have been reported to the MIB, she says don't worry about that because that's only for life insurance. WRONG. Interestingly, I had no issues whatsoever getting a decent life insurance policy written through a different agent a few months ago.
Can anyone recommend a health insurance company that doesn't care about cancer older than 5-10 years? It's been over 20 years since I was cured.

Depends what state you're in. United Healthcare only asks about past 10 years.

A little over two years ago, after about 5 years of having no insurance coverage, I decided it was time to get some coverage.
I have been beating myself up about this because I REALLY needed that insurance

Is there a reason you REALLY need this insurance but you went 5 years without. Could there be something else that is the reason for not recieving coverage?

I fear we are being feed only the good parts to this story. My BS radar tells me there is more to the story.

You caught me I forgot to mention I admitted I am a smoker and take blood pressure medication. Seriously, if that were the case, I would not have bothered asking any of this. Sorry but I find your comment offensive because my story is true.

What is the OP's height and weight? Could that be the issue?

H: 5'11''
W: 143

Last edited:
Some carriers will deny your application if you use tobacco and take BP (or cholesterol) medication.

Latest posts

Back