5/21 CMS Webinar Slides

RayNY

Guru
1000 Post Club
http://newsmanager.commpartners.com...ndivSHOPMarket-052113_slides_508cr_052313.pdf

In case anyone missed out and wanted to see the slides from the 90-minute webinar. Some interesting stuff in there:
Pg. 31: "Indians (Native Americans...) may enroll or change QHP's one time per month"
Pg. 32: Basically says Agents and Brokers are Optional, or allowed if a state permits it. Also indicates that "Certified Application Counselors" are official and required (the people who help fill out the apps, separate from Navigators and IPA's)
Pg. 35: SHOP must have a minimum of 1 eligible Employee, but SP's without other employees are going through the individual marketplace.
Pg. 45:Commissions will be negotiated between agent/broker and issuer. FFM's and FF-SHOP's will not pay commissions. (FF=federally facilitated). State run Marketplace may appoint agents/brokers and pay commissions directly.
Pg. 46: To participate in FFM/Shop, agents/brokers must "complete security authentication steps". (But, as we learned, navigators/ipa's are prohibited from even getting a background check.)

I was on the call. The security/authentication step refers to when applying online with a client, that it will verify not only your NPN number, but also your birthdate or other proof you are who you are.

Thanks for the link. Alot of good info in there.

I did not realize Employers had to participate in the SHOP to receive the Small Business Tax Credits for Eligible Employees starting in 2014. Considering that there are no commissions in FFE SHOP's (aka my state), that really stinks.

Last edited:
Keep in mind, the FFE MARKETPLACE won't pay you, insurers may still provide commission.

In State Run marketplaces, the insurers may still provide commission AND the state may provide compensation.

Back