• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

AHIP 2023

I've done them all except for one now. I like the ones that will let you click through and take the exam at the end. I forget which one or two carriers wouldn't let you do that, but those were definitely a pain. My favorite so far has been Humana, and least favorite, UHC.
AHIP has gotten easier from what I recall, so that's a bright spot. And many of the carriers' stuff duplicates what AHIP covers.

I just advanced through Anthem's screens as quickly as I could click and then took each test. Didn't take long at all.

I read everything and took all the practice tests . There was a lot of practice test questions . It’s like WellCare . They have some bogus stuff like % of new county’s there in . Maybe next yr I’ll just click threw .

And just found this little gem, while trying to find the damn 2023 premium:

The SilverScript SmartRx plan is being renamed the SilverScript SmartSaver plan and will not be commissionable for new sales. Please note that clients you previously enrolled in SilverScript SmartRx will remain enrolled in the SilverScript SmartSaver in 2023, and you will continue to receive renewal commissions for these members.

I'm just wondering, if some pdp carriers don't pay commish now (cigna), and some carriers cherry pick which pdp will pay commish (SS)........

And maybe these plans are the lowest premium in market and/or lowest OOP annual cost for the client.....

And, you are now on a recorded line doing whats best for the client.....

How is an agent supposed to avoid "steering" clients and not work for free?

I'm just wondering, if some pdp carriers don't pay commish now (cigna), and some carriers cherry pick which pdp will pay commish (SS)........

And maybe these plans are the lowest premium in market and/or lowest OOP annual cost for the client.....

And, you are now on a recorded line doing whats best for the client.....

How is an agent supposed to avoid "steering" clients and not work for free?

We all work for free.

And just found this little gem, while trying to find the damn 2023 premium:

The SilverScript SmartRx plan is being renamed the SilverScript SmartSaver plan and will not be commissionable for new sales. Please note that clients you previously enrolled in SilverScript SmartRx will remain enrolled in the SilverScript SmartSaver in 2023, and you will continue to receive renewal commissions for these members.
Damn that sucks. I've written a few but still....

First time taking AHIP, passed it with 92. Then completed Aetna carrier training. Now I am seeing stars, I need a drink. Sunday night, I will attack the other carriers stuff

Back