• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Annuity Marketing

jmarkk1

Guru
100+ Post Club
What are you guys using right now to market annuuties to your warm market?
How do you get someone open to talking about FIA's etc.?

Mainly Medicare, term life, health, and final expense. I really like how annuities work, but my warm market seems to think that risking money in market is best way to go.

Mainly Medicare, term life, health, and final expense. I really like how annuities work, but my warm market seems to think that risking money in market is best way to go.

I haven't been able to convert many of those people either. I sold a spia last week to a lady doing a 403b rollover, but it was more dumb luck than anything. During my financial questionnaire I ask their risk tolerance on a scale of 1-10. A lot of those folks will tell me that they are a 3 or a 4, but then have 100% of their money at market risk. A successful agent that I know would then say: : "Who's lying to me , you or your money?"

Back to the original question, for me doing a thorough questionnaire during a life insurance first appointment is the easiest way to uncover assets in money markets and CD's. When we are determining how much income replacement that we need, showing the difference between .5% and 3%, and how it effects the big picture over a period of time is an easy picture to paint for people.

I have some people in my warm market that aren't close to retirement, and I'd like to have an effective way to get them to think through these products.
Also, I have some that just plain think they can get same results through the market.
Basically I'm looking for a way to get the conversation started with those in the 35-60 age group.

jmarkk1 said:
I have some people in my warm market that aren't close to retirement, and I'd like to have an effective way to get them to think through these products.
Also, I have some that just plain think they can get same results through the market.
Basically I'm looking for a way to get the conversation started with those in the 35-60 age group.

Are these people saving for retirement now?

I work a split option with them...play with some as there is potential to make a lot in the open market now but also to put half into an FIA where there is some security. A reminder of how great everything was then the hard crash just a few years ago...everything appears great now but is it real? Put that little thought in their head and getting a portion of their money isn't nearly as rough.

Back