Answering Service

Have you thought about just forwarding your calls to your cell phone when you are out of the office?

Have you thought about just forwarding your calls to your cell phone when you are out of the office?

Absolutely, but if you're in the middle of a presentation/appointment/driving/dinner with wife/golf/movies/etc all that does now is make it go to voicemail.

I'll second the recommendation for Front Office Staff.

It is a person that answers the phone. They do not rush through the call, they can also direct clients to somewhere else if appropriate.

Ultimately, they simply transfer the caller to voicemail, but it is a MUCH better impression for your client. They also usually only have a few people on staff, so the client will talk to the same person frequently.

When I used them, I only forwarded calls that I couldn't answer myself. I simply had them tell the client I was in a meeting and would call them back shortly. It worked extremely well.

Dan

Problem is, with P&C, call forwarding doesn't solve a large part of the problem. If the OP could answer his phone, he wouldn't be asking the question.

Also, nothing worse than a new, hot lead calling and you having a lousy cell phone connection. A bit unprofessional. Works for a lot of companies, but better P&C clients want the appearance of stability. Someone anwering your phone helps with that appearance. A poor cell phone connection hurts.

Dan

I recommend a call forwarding service, so it rings your cell phone as well. This will allow you to be the only point of contact, if that is what you want. This could improve your close rate.

Back