Anyone Gonna Double Down and Hire Sales?

kahlestyle

Expert
Tons of opportunity
Tons of marketing angles
Anyone putting their money at this and double the efforts?

if so, man ive had no success hiring sales in the past
any suggestions where to start?

I'm hesitant to hire anyone. Nobody cares for your business as much as you do. I don't care to deal with payroll taxes, unemployment insurance, lack of trust, drive, and motivation. God forbid they want health benefits too. I've had 10 agents come underneath me and then disappear for one reason or another (and there is always a reason). After the time and money spent on hiring someone, you will always look back knowing you could have spent your time/money better. Only you can take care of your clients the right way.

It might be a good idea to wait and see what kind of commissions are going to be offered. Going through all of that for 3% or $10 PMPM might suck.

Personally, I am doing jack for IFP until someone tells me they are going to pay something decent. Rumor out here is August 31.

Last edited:
I don't think the comp will warrant hiring sales people.
My little office, 4 FT, 2 PT is already pushed to the limit from Oct 1st to Dec 7th because of the Part C/D AEP.
Besides, I have a large block of group & IFP. I will be lucky at best to keep all of this on the books!
I see 18 hours days the last qtr of the year.

Recently some carriers laid off staff. If that happens in August or September, I might pick up an experienced (and perhaps licensed) CSR type employee to help with admin.

Back