Anyone See this Memo from Aetna Today?

It's an automatic email that is sent to agents once their book of business reaches the level for payment at the chairman level. It's surprising that you would receive it in mid-year, did you recently write a SEP application(s).

If they have been paying you a lesser amount per person, per month, you will now receive the higher level commissions.

I've been paid at Chairman level all year and I just got the email yesterday as well.

----------

I recognize the chance of commissions being increased is pretty much less than zero but it is what the email says, right?

It's almost like it's a mistake, that they assumed you were being paid at a lower level and now, miraculously, you have just reached the higher level.

That's actually the new commission amount. Less than zero.

I've been paid at Chairman level all year and I just got the email yesterday as well.

----------

That's actually the new commission amount. Less than zero.

Now I feel left out because I'm at the Chairman level and didn't receive this stupid email!

I think that's next, we pay the insurance company for the right to enroll our clients for no compensation-the stupid thing is that there would probably be agents willing to do that:goofy:

man I am at executive........

A more powerful force - you are part of an exclusive group made up of our very best brokers
Individuals and families

Dear SCOTT,

Open enrollment 2016 was great! In fact, we ended the first quarter with approximately 1.2 million total individual health plan members, exceeding our previous membership projection. Thank you for making open enrollment a success.

We want you to know we haven’t stood still since the first of January; we’ve made some important adjustments to increase our sales power. We’ve streamlined the number of producers, which means fewer brokers will be able to sell our plans. Plus, it allows us to better focus on you while providing more personalized service. We believe this consolidation will help our brokers be an even more dynamic group in 2017.

Congratulations on achieving executive status

You are now part of an exclusive group made up of our best brokers. We want to recognize your special executive status within Aetna, so we’ve created a seal for you to post on your website or other electronic media.ownload your seal (choose your color)

Blue
Cranberry
Green
Orange
Periwinkle
Teal
Violet

As an executive broker, you’ve demonstrated your value during changing times. We know you make significant contributions, but the message of how brokers offer outstanding value continues to be told through other sources as well:

“Brokers remain an essential part of the process to maintain a healthy and vibrant insurance marketplace.”*

“Millions of consumers continue to need personalized help to apply for health coverage and subsidies.”†

“Consumers need more help than ever navigating the government’s website and sorting through the details of coverage.”∆

We wanted to remind you how important you are to your own customers, and how you can help them find the health plan they need. You may want to reference these industry insider quotes and other supporting information when you speak with customers. You can download our special white paper “Tie between consumers and brokers remains a key to ACA success” by clicking here:

Download “Tie between consumers and brokers remains a key to ACA success” white paper

This year we’re determined to move forward as a more effective team. Now we’re slimmer and in better condition to seize the 2017 season as a more powerful force.

Watch for more information on the exciting strategies we’re putting in place to make 2017 the best sales season ever!

*Kaiser Health News: February 4, 2016

Chairman level due to Coventry being very competitive in one of my markets. I gained more there, lost in Aetna, due to rate increase--I switched some over to other carriers where Coventry wasn't available. Now with Coventry out as an option, we'll see how competitive the new Aetna will be.

Didn't catch this email in the massive daily stream, new info, good to know.

Do we need any badges, er, seals? :1cute:

Chairman level due to Coventry being very competitive in one of my markets. I gained more there, lost in Aetna, due to rate increase--I switched some over to other carriers where Coventry wasn't available. Now with Coventry out as an option, we'll see how competitive the new Aetna will be.

Didn't catch this email in the massive daily stream, new info, good to know.

Do we need any badges, er, seals? :1cute:

that must be why I am an executive. wrote 1 Coventry app last year. Happy Days Are Here Again!

that must be why I am an executive. wrote 1 Coventry app last year. Happy Days Are Here Again!

I think I am at administrative assistant level, LOL. Aetna was not competitive here last year. This year, it looks like they will be. I just hope they pay a commission.

I think I am at administrative assistant level, LOL. Aetna was not competitive here last year. This year, it looks like they will be. I just hope they pay a commission.

I found it a bit chilling that our BCBS rep, when asked about 2017 commissions, not having any information until an official announcement after early August, stated: "I would get certified for Medicare".

Last edited:
Guess I didnt make the cut with them.

Your appointment with us is ending

Individuals and families

Dear XXXXXXX

We will be focusing our resources on brokers who have sold five or more members as of January 1, 2016. You will continue to receive commissions on your current members as long as they remain active.

Effective July 19, 2016, you will have sixty (60) calendar days to request an exception.

Requesting an exception

To request an exception, you need to complete an online form located on Producer World®. You must include your:

Name
National Producer Number (NPN)
E-mail address
Phone number
Reason for the exception request
Please note that submitting an exception request does not guarantee that you will remain appointed to sell Aetna business. You will be notified by email or mail if your exception has been approved.

If you fail to submit a request for an exception within sixty (60) calendar days of the date of this email, we will terminate your appointment with us. Once your appointment is terminated you will not be eligible to sell any Aetna or Coventry products.
:no:

Back