Are We Heading To A 2016 Do Over?

Robert Barney

Guru
1000 Post Club
Remember 2016. President Hillary Clinton was a forgone conclusion, a done deal, in the bag. The polls had her way up. Even on the day of the election, Trump was toast. And then, during the reporting that night, SHOCK.

Let's compare a couple of recent anecdotal stories:

http://www.vulture.com/2018/09/michael-moores-fahrenheit-11-9-isnt-doing-great.html

with

Thousands flood MSU for Trump's rally. Here are their stories.

Michael Moore can't sell tickets, and Trump crowds can't all fit in the huge venues he speaks in.

Remember how wrong those 2016 polls were? I have a theory about that. I think the pollsters are not reaching conservatives to tabulate their views.

I notice most campaigns making calls (including the one I am working on) are using these new asinine computer phone systems that dial consumers. The phone does not connect the caller immediately to the person answering the phone. I get these calls at the house all the time. You pick up the phone, and dead air. I hang up immediately. I am convinced that the only people who wait to hear who comes on the call are people too "dull" to be conservatives. As a result, pollsters are over-sampling liberals. Combine that with the fact that conservatives are hard to get on the phone in the first place, because they are too busy making a living, and pollsters can't get it right because they don't actually talk to an entire group of people who end up voting.

2018 could be another big shock.

Back