• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Avoiding Replacement on Price. What's the Threshold?

Would you even get into the extra price conversation? Over a few dollars?

One thing I always stressed when I was strictly a life agent was that I would be the one that delivered the check if, god forbid, that was necessary. Not somebody in another state or even country. I would be the one to help your family in that darkest hour. Paint a picture of your client's spouse, a day or two after the client's death having to deal with someone that can't even speak english. Not a pretty picture. Perhaps that is a tool that you could use.

One thing I always stressed when I was strictly a life agent was that I would be the one that delivered the check if, god forbid, that was necessary. Not somebody in another state or even country. I would be the one to help your family in that darkest hour. Paint a picture of your client's spouse, a day or two after the client's death having to deal with someone that can't even speak english. Not a pretty picture. Perhaps that is a tool that you could use.

I really like that. Thanks.

I thought I had found a customer to get my last deal but I think I screwed up. I wrote grandma a whole life final expense policy, wrote two children's whole life policies on the grand babies, and I have an appointment Monday to meet with her son and daughter who are coming down from NYC to visit mom and pick up said grandbabies.

See what I mean? I think I accidentally made a client.

BTW, my weekly goal? Done!

Way to cut those deals baby!

I can almost hear the monkey's uncle saying "I don't care if you call it a deal or a sale, just get their money."
:1laugh:

I have used that (years ago) however, I don't want them to even think about canceling. Otherwise I don't want them in my book.
I sort of remember using it a time or two in the last century, usually when I needed a "Thursday night miracle". I haven't used it a single time since I went indie. I'm never even tempted to use a tenuous close like that anymore. Having plenty of people to talk to keeps you from relying too much on any one prospect for a sale. Just put that shaky-flaky prospect on the shelf and move on to the next one.

Back