• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Centene Banned From Growth Due to Horrible Scores

Tkruger

Guru
1000 Post Club
Nationwide
Centene has been banned from expanding its Medicare Advantage plan due to consistently-horrible scores in the federal quality rating program.
According to the Modern Healthcare article, “Among large insurers, Centene fared the worst in the rating program this year. Just 3% of its members are enrolled in plans that meet the four-star quality bonus threshold for 2023, down from 54% last year…”

This is no surprise to agents who have been writing Wellcare/Centene is the past few years.
“They had immense volumes of mergers and acquisitions and immense amounts of integration work.” – the Modern Healthcare article says.

The entire article can be found here: https://bit.ly/centeneban

Who could have seen this coming?!? :D

Centene has been banned from expanding its Medicare Advantage plan due to consistently-horrible scores in the federal quality rating program.
According to the Modern Healthcare article, “Among large insurers, Centene fared the worst in the rating program this year. Just 3% of its members are enrolled in plans that meet the four-star quality bonus threshold for 2023, down from 54% last year…”

This is no surprise to agents who have been writing Wellcare/Centene is the past few years.
“They had immense volumes of mergers and acquisitions and immense amounts of integration work.” – the Modern Healthcare article says.

The entire article can be found here: https://bit.ly/centeneban

Who could have seen this coming?!? :D

I can’t write Wellcare without them being switched by someone else because of too many product options in the area. They are relentlessly pounded by telemarketers, which makes for horrible retention. A horrible 2.5 star rating in my area should be a warning sign to any agent thinking about writing it.

Plus Centene allows easy Aor changes with a letter . Hell You can call a client with Aetna and do Aor change .Im basically 90% Humana and United . Wellcare hurting bad . Offering $225 for hsa’s on duals I saw email last week .United’s product not the best but huge loyalty. It’s my stickiest business .

Back