• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

CFP Certification

The CFP designation is the best decision you could make in your financial career. It's also the hardest test in my opinion. It has a lower pass rate than the bar exam. There are only 60,000 cfps in the world. And it's about a 30% pass rate. They say it's higher but it's not. Do your own research. Most people have to take it 2-3 times and it will cost you about $20,000 for a training course that will pass you the first time. My mentor studied in 6 months and passed his first time which is rare. Normally takes 1-2 years of self study to pass, but with proper training it's achievable in less time. I would recommend the same thing as the other commentary. Get a 63 or 65. And don't worry about who to get appointed with yet .

Last edited:
his guess was off, but so what. Now we know: overall rate 41.7%. I passed the first time so I am feeling good.

Two things, he didn't say it as a guess. He said it as a statement. He said it's around 30% and that "they" say it's higher but it's not.

The second item, you say it's 41.7%, but that's not the statistic on CFP's web site. Just curious where you got the number of 41.7%. In reality it really doesn't matter, but I really would love to know where you got 41.7%.

Two things, he didn't say it as a guess. He said it as a statement. He said it's around 30% and that "they" say it's higher but it's not. The second item, you say it's 41.7%, but that's not the statistic on CFP's web site. Just curious where you got the number of 41.7%. In reality it really doesn't matter, but I really would love to know where you got 41.7%.
you're right, it doesn't matter. However, on the "Pass rate for repeaters" table, I simply divided the totals (approx: 10k/24k).

----------

Two things, he didn't say it as a guess. He said it as a statement. He said it's around 30% and that "they" say it's higher but it's not. The second item, you say it's 41.7%, but that's not the statistic on CFP's web site. Just curious where you got the number of 41.7%. In reality it really doesn't matter, but I really would love to know where you got 41.7%.
I know: that's wrong. That's just the repeaters. My bad.

Back