CMS Certification

I heard August for the FFE states.

Late August or September is all I can imagine. There are so many more "final" rules that need to be clarified, and they won't train us (hopefully) until all of those are issued to eliminate confusion.

I'm equally pessimistic about having someone new to the industry (navigators) trying to learn this for the first time within a month.

I don't see how it can happen on time. And/or work reasonably well.

Although it should provide an interesting test to see if the servers can handle all of the traffic from agents at one point in time.

Does this mean that the NAHU training is now officially recognized and certifies you for selling on the exchanges/marketplaces/whatever they're called this week?

They were advertising classes in my area not too long ago, and they were careful to mention that it didn't result in a license. It wasn't free either...

Source: NAHU - Professional Development - PPACA Certification

$495, "*The PPACA certification course is a certification of expertise in the provisions and implementation of health reform. It does not meet state or federal requirements that may be necessary or required to sell exchange-based plans."

I took the $495 NAHU PPACA certification course that you are talking about, and it's good for group producers, especially large group. It has next to nothing to do with IFP and small group. Even for large group issues, and basic issues like grandfathering, market reforms, etc., most of what it teaches has already been covered in this forum several times over. So, save your money unless you are in the large group market, and you want a comprehensive course to make sure you haven't missed any major issues.

Conversely, the CMS certification course that NAHU is teaching for a state is different than the $495 course I mentioned above. In this case, the state chose NAHU to provide classes on using the exchange, in order to provide that state exchange's certification of agents approved to sell on-exchange plans.

Conversely, the CMS certification course that NAHU is teaching for a state is different than the $495 course I mentioned above. In this case, the state chose NAHU to provide classes on using the exchange, in order to provide that state exchange's certification of agents approved to sell on-exchange plans.

Even below those state level courses, NAHU has the following disclaimer:
"*The PPACA certification course is a certification of expertise in the provisions and implementation of health reform. It does not meet state or federal requirements that may be necessary or required to sell exchange-based plans."

Monti
BestInsLeads.Com

Late August or September is all I can imagine. There are so many more "final" rules that need to be clarified, and they won't train us (hopefully) until all of those are issued to eliminate confusion.

Hopefully HHS is getting through their thick skull that every new rule, or adjustment to a rule results in many software coding changes by insurers for their software and by the Exchange contractors. These adjustments must be pre-testing before the big September test runs begin.

Rather than be the cause of the systems crashing on October 1st, HHS may have decided to just let things stay as they are, for better or worse? I think there were only 2 Rules (Proposed/Interim/Final) issued in July.
-ac

I posted this in the NY section, but we're inundated with courses right now. They all claim to be starting next week.

It's hearsay, but I spoke with an instructor, courses still are not finalized or approved, but will be this week (at least for NY).

Back