Does Medicare Cover Air Cast

vic120

Guru
5000 Post Club
OH
Does any one know if medicare covers the Air Cast with cooling for recovery after Surgery?

I called supplier and they said they do not bill medicare that client would pay and try to get remembered by medicare.
I called Medicare they said they don't know what an air cast is.I Googled and I see conflicting answers.

So if any one knows my client and I would greatly appreciate it.

Does any one know if medicare covers the Air Cast with cooling for recovery after Surgery?

I called supplier and they said they do not bill medicare that client would pay and try to get remembered by medicare.
I called Medicare they said they don't know what an air cast is.I Googled and I see conflicting answers.

I didn't even know the Air Cast w/ cooling existed until I read this.

I wore an Air Cast on each leg years ago after they removed the hard casts. They were the strap on boots that keep you from bending your ankles. I looked like Frankenstein when I walked. Scared the kids on the Minor League baseball team I was coaching the 1st practice.:laugh:

If the Dr. prescribed this, I'd think Medicare would approve it, unless it's something new and it's considered experimental.

Remember that medicare went to using a network a while back for DME providers so you may have been speaking to supplier who can't bill medicare even though the DME may be covered.These greedy OON DME suppliers won't explain this to people who call them asking.I have had clients who have been suckered in by these guys before.You may try to call one the big DME providers like Apria or Lincare

Latest posts

Back