Hancock Won't Talk to You Any More

Looks like no more opportunity to talk to an underwriter on a pre-screen to really get into details on a client. Personally, I find the interaction with the UW to be critical to helping determine what even needs to be asked of the client to further define the insurability. I sure hope this is not the start of a trend, but glad I rarely deal with Hancock anyway..

here is the bulletin: (the red highlights are mine, not theirs)

"We understand that from time to time you need to obtain an initial underwriting assessment of your clients. To meet this need, we are introducing a new and improved service to respond to your prequalification underwriting inquiries -- LTC Quick Quote. Click on the following links to learn the details about the new service and form, and start submitting your Quick Quote inquiries today to [email protected]

Please note: With the introduction of the new Quick Quote service, we will discontinue the LTC prequalification phone and fax lines effective September 30, 2013."

Oh great, now we can type everything out, go back and forth for 24 to 48 hours to find out not to submit or submit for "individual consideration".

I usually need to know sooner that 24 to 48 hours. Bad system, IMO.

Back