• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

HO3 but Daycare on Premise

khang.mis

Expert
Hello, does anyone know of any carriers that will issue an HO3 with a child care business? The business does have a GL policy through USLI, however I do not have any HO carriers that will accept the home with the business. Our insured currently has a DP3 through Lloyds excluding all liability. As you can see there is a gap in coverage for nonbusiness related liability.

How many children are in the child care? If its over 6, this becomes very tough. If its under 6, some carriers will allow endorsing the child care facility onto the homeowners. Over 6, its a full fledged business and I don't know of any that will allow this.

Of course, its been a while since I looked for this, someone out there must do it.

Dan

Erie will do it if they write the GL for the day care. Not sure what state you are in though.

14 kids! We are not expecting the carriers to endorse the business as we already have it covered by a separate GL. We are in CA and I will contact Erie to see what they can do, thanks!

HO could get dragged into a lawsuit regardless. I'd tell your client to lease space away from the house and setup an llc.

Back