How Many to Make a Group?

Chazm

Guru
5000 Post Club
Orlando
I don't sell group insurance but I have a question for a friend of mine. She called me to ask for individual health ins. for her and her husband but said she wanted maternity. I let her know that maternity is not an option anymore unless its with a group plan.

She said her husband owns his own company but it's just him by himself. But, she asked if her and him could be on a group plan together. I have no idea...I don't really even write individual health insurance and I have no clue about group plans.

Can they get a group plan together because he owns his own company?

It's florida. I was just on BCBSFL website and the blueoptions 533 shows that I can add maternity for $117/month for individual health....hmm

It's florida. I was just on BCBSFL website and the blueoptions 533 shows that I can add maternity for $117/month for individual health....hmm[/quote

If they are healthy, that would be the way to go, IMO.

My buddy works for Blue here in Deland and he just wrote a policy with maternity for a couple last week and I wrote the life policy on him so I know it can be done.

If you would like me to give you his name and number let me know. He is an older gentleman and one of the good guys in the biz for many years.

My buddy works for Blue here in Deland and he just wrote a policy with maternity for a couple last week and I wrote the life policy on him so I know it can be done.

If you would like me to give you his name and number let me know. He is an older gentleman and one of the good guys in the biz for many years.

Thanks, but I think the group plan is pretty pointless now, right? I thought the only way she could get maternity was with group.

I think I'll just show her the maternity plans available with BCBS and their regular plans without it and see what she thinks.

Thanks, but I think the group plan is pretty pointless now, right? I thought the only way she could get maternity was with group.

I think I'll just show her the maternity plans available with BCBS and their regular plans without it and see what she thinks.

I didn't know you sold for Blue. All I was saying is that if she wants a maternity plan with Blue and you couldn't write it, I know a local Blue agent who would be happy to help you out or work with you on it. He's really good when it comes to the individual Blue plans. Not so much with group plans.

I refer my health stuff to him because he's an honest good agent and I don't have to worry about him taking any of the other business since he primarily writes just health for individuals and sometimes Aflac.

Back