• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

I Need Help...

soby

Expert
I have a question (( please do not sent small remark). A family with a family member with dementia. can they get critical Illness insurance? if So what company I can recommend

I have a question (( please do not sent small remark). A family with a family member with dementia. can they get critical Illness insurance? if So what company I can recommend

I would look for a simplified critical illness - one that doesn't require a paramed exam.

I was looking at Assurity because they offer a simplified critical illness from $5k - $50k. However, after looking up the questions, question #2 will stop the application in its tracks:

Has any Proposed Insured ever consulted with or been diagnosed, treated, hospitalized, or prescribed medication by a medical professional for, or had symptoms of, any of the following?

Alzheimer's disease or senile dementia

And of course, there's a bunch more conditions listed. That's a pretty standard question on these kinds of policies, so I doubt you'll find one that will cover dementia.

If you are asking if they can get CI coverage on the person with dementia, then the answer would be no. That would be like trying to buy fire insurance when the flames are already coming out through the gable windows. If the dementia is not so advanced that they are still able to sign an app, they might could qualify for a specified disease policy for an illness such as cancer.

I would look for a simplified critical illness - one that doesn't require a paramed exam.

I was looking at Assurity because they offer a simplified critical illness from $5k - $50k. However, after looking up the questions, question #2 will stop the application in its tracks:

And of course, there's a bunch more conditions listed. That's a pretty standard question on these kinds of policies, so I doubt you'll find one that will cover dementia.

I did found the same with answer. But Thank You!

Do they have assets? OneAmerica will do an impaired risk SPIA if the insured is currently receiving care.

That's the only product that I know of that will help someone in this situation.

Back