Interesting Call from Prospect...just Goes to Show You Exactly how "Affordable" Healthcare is Now.

Since when is Assurant allowing any of these grandfathered plans to remain active? I thought this December 31st, 2015 - they were all terminated ? WTF ? Are you sure this isn't a HEALTH ACCESS ancillary plan??? I think this guy does NOT have a Core Med Plan.

Since when is Assurant allowing any of these grandfathered plans to remain active? I thought this December 31st, 2015 - they were all terminated ? WTF ? Are you sure this isn't a HEALTH ACCESS ancillary plan??? I think this guy does NOT have a Core Med Plan.

Policy issue date was early 2012. I am 100% positive it's not Health Access or CoreMed. I spoke with Assurant on a 3 way call with the prospect. The also mentioned on the call that the 1095 forms should be showing up soon.

Also, Health Access wasn't ancillary coverage it was a fixed indemnity benefit plan.

The Time agent website does reference that 'some' states could have plans that terminate after 12/31/15. I just checked my book and I have two Major Med plans in Maryland that are still active, everything else ended in December.

Important Notice
Assurant Health will be exiting Individual Major Medical, Short Term Medical and Small Group Fully Insured.

When will Individual Medical coverage terminate?
There are many variables that affect when Individual Medical coverage terminates, including the type of plan, effective date and state regulations.
• All metallic plans will terminate December 31, 2015
• Most non-metallic plans will terminate December 31, 2015, but there are certain states in which a plan could have a termination date after December 31, 2015.

When will Small Group coverage terminate?
There are many variables that affect when Small Group Fully Insured coverage terminates, including the type of plan, effective date and state regulations.

Will Short Term Medical (STM) plans terminate?
Short Term Medical plans will not terminate. They will stay active as long as premiums are paid, up to the six-month maximum term. We will not offer any rewrites for STM plans.

In June, all Individual Medical and Small Group Fully Insured customers will receive a letter that outlines their termination date-please encourage them to pay close attention to their date. You can access MyBook to see a copy of the letters your clients will receive so you’ll have those details, too. Search for the policy and select the Attachments tab to view the Discontinuation Letter. Letters will be available starting on June 16, 2015.

Back