Liberal Tobacco Underwriting

Aetna doesn't use height/weight.

The one I think is frustrating is Oxford. They use height/weight...but don't publish it and can't tell you what it is. They say you can kind of use the chart they use for FE as a rough guideline. They take everything into consideration when looking at the height/weight.

Aetna seems to be inconsistent in their weight questions. In my home state they don't ask about weight but in other states that I write, they do ask.

OK Tom, next time I get a fatty, not to be confused with a fatty, I will give Aetna a try.

smokingpot.jpg

Aetna doesn't use height/weight. The one I think is frustrating is Oxford. They use height/weight...but don't publish it and can't tell you what it is. They say you can kind of use the chart they use for FE as a rough guideline. They take everything into consideration when looking at the height/weight.

Oxford Med sups have more than one height-weight chart. They told me that if the person has diabetes they use a way tighter height-weight chart than if they don't have diabetes.

I don't know if there are other conditions or not that trigger the stricter height-weight requirement.

Back