• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

MA Wakes Up and Limits Enrollment Periods

Crabcake Johnny

Guru
5000 Post Club
Maryland
Well....I guess Massachusetts finally decided to wake up.

https://www.mahealthconnector.org/p...mentNotice/Find_Ins_IandF_YAP_Warning_Msg.pdf

If you're new to this issue, that the system was being gamed was an understatement.

There are now two enrollment periods. No more sitting on the sidelines and waiting to get sick. I do not, however, believe this addresses the issue of applying for a high deductible through one carrier, then switching to a low deductible through another carrier for an upcoming procedure, then switching back.

John: Maybe Obama can figure that switching deductible thing out? I heard Obamas health plan is smarter and better than Romney's here in MA...Or maybe Michelle can figure out this deductible gaming game. Idiots.

Wow, it took them only 2 years to fix this? Some real geniuses there in Massachusetts.

Actually, reading it again, it seems like you can't change plans except during those times unless you have a qualifying event. So you'd be stuck with your more expensive plan for a few months.

John: Maybe Obama can figure that switching deductible thing out? I heard Obamas health plan is smarter and better than Romney's here in MA...Or maybe Michelle can figure out this deductible gaming game. Idiots.

I certainly hope they figure it out. Why should I have to do all that paperwork to switch when I know I'm going to have a big expense??? This should happen automatically, without me having to have this added stress on myself!

This new health plan should be more considerate of consumers than having them figure this out themselves!!

Oh, did you mean they shouldn't be able to do this?

Dan

Gosh Dan, you sound like the lady that called earlier this week looking for a policy that pays for lap band surgery. When I told her there weren't any plans that covered that she got mad and hung up.

That was before I had a chance to tell her about a like the one McDonald's offers their employees and has a special Obama stamp of approval.

Gosh Dan, you sound like the lady that called earlier this week looking for a policy that pays for lap band surgery. When I told her there weren't any plans that covered that she got mad and hung up.

That was before I had a chance to tell her about a like the one McDonald's offers their employees and has a special Obama stamp of approval.

"Hi, I'm looking for the dental insurance that will pay for my root canal and bridgework. Which one is that?"
:no:

"Will this accident policy pay me since I got pregnant accidently?"

The one I get the most:
I want it to cover doctors, hospitals, drugs, and I don't want a big deductible or have to pay much for it....

After I find out what their budget is (usually $50 a month), then I politely move on.

Back