Market Branding

"In response to the school being held responsible for my actions of just talking to people, I just don't see it. It's free speach and it's a public place. "

Know you're going to hate this but your confused about a school being a place for solicitation. I know you won't, but check with your state schools about it. Would you tolerate a couple food service trucks in the parking lot? How bout a brush salesman? The seafood guy?

I mean if you can claim ignorance cool. It works sometimes, but if you check you'll find you either have to have onsite permission or you are violating a code and could be cited.

I mean it's great you got some business out of it, consider yourself lucky. You could have just as easily had a parent who would go to the principal and complain.

I guess I'll put it to you this way, If you are so confident in your rights and all that, go tell the principal your plan. ;)
Let me know what he/she says......

Maybe Florida is different than elsewhere. Here, nope nada no way, ordinances against it.

In terms of getting prospects, its a shot in the very dark. That being said I think its a different way to get your name out in the community. It certainly is not any worse than the myriad of P&C agents who flood my mailbox yearly with calendars that end up being frozen for all of time in my garbage can. The important part for you is to have the right expectations.

I like the idea, It puts your name in front of them. I would put something about college funding service.And your photo on it.

I'm having my information/company logo put on my side and rear window.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The school needs the hangers in order to make it more timely for the parents to pick up the kids from school.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Here is how my sons school works.

It is a charter school, there is NO public transportation. All parents drop off their children and pick them up. Prior to school letting out the parents start lining up about 45 minutes before school lets out. This is called the car line. Once school is let out all of the students congregate in the loading zone with the teachers. A seperate teacher walks down the car line looking at the hanger in the vehicle to radio ahead to the other teachers to let them know which child is next and to guide them to the correct pick up line, i.e..1 thru 6.

I walk the car line before school lets out. I'm already sitting there so I use the time to introduce myself to the parents. It works! I helped a Dr. and her husband who is a business owner with IULs for supplemental retirement. I make it very unobtrusive. I just walk by striking up conversations with the parents and then give them a card and let them know that I can help them if they need assistance. To me this is no different than going D2D so I don't really see why you must relate it to begging, i.e. holding a sign begging for food.

In response to the school being held responsible for my actions of just talking to people, I just don't see it. It's free speach and it's a public place.

If you have already made one sale and you are not being passive then it may be a good move.

Without going through this thread, did someone mention the ages of the kids?

My son's 11, going into middle school. If I walked down a row of cars and solicited them he'd show up the next day with a bag over his head.

I posted before where a ref at my son's soccer game passed out insurance flyers. He was fired.

You can't fire a parent can you? It may all be a matter if style. That the school has offered this to him says they do not find it too obtrusive but then again you have to be there to judge.

I think the mirror hangers is a good idea. My grand kids go to a public school but when school lets out the presents have to drive through the "parent pick up" line and have to have a sign with their kids names on it that is provided by the school. they have a teacher outside that calls out the students names over a two way radio as the parents pass by. The teachers do not let the student go outside until their name is called.

The mirror hanger would accomplish the same thing as a billboard. very few people actually expect to get direct business of of billboards but it increases their name recognition. The mirror hanger keeps your name in front of those parents and everyone else who might ride in thier car and is a whole lot cheaper than a billboard.

Now that it has been explained I can see how it could work. I mean if you are sitting thier for 45 minutes your likely to get out of you car and talk to other parents...I do the same thing when I had to pick my daughter up instead of waiting for the bus to take her home to be able to get to her dance class on time.

Back