Mass Mutual Dividends

It was announced today that MM is paying a dividend of $1.7 billion for 2016 to its eligible participating policyholders.

It doesn't appear that LTC policyholders are participating in the payout............

I think 2017 is first year Signature Care policyholders are eligible for dividends.

Anyway, Arthur, the absense of any Mass Mutual rate increases in 17 years is a de facto dividend in my book.

For a carrier that has never failed to pay a dividend on an eligible policy for 150+ years, this is a big ******* deal.... very telling when you consider the recent decision to scale back on distribution.

The long time life agents, especially the ones who have a background with the big mutuals, know how big of a deal this is. The koolaid loses its flavor when the dividends cease to be paid.

For a carrier that has never failed to pay a dividend on an eligible policy for 150+ years, this is a big ******* deal.... very telling when you consider the recent decision to scale back on distribution.

The long time life agents, especially the ones who have a background with the big mutuals, know how big of a deal this is. The koolaid loses its flavor when the dividends cease to be paid.

There was no link to an announcement, so I assume only the LTC book did not receive a dividend. Years ago, Mass really didn't talk much about the dividend for LTC, so I'm not sure how big a deal it is. Now, if some agents got carried away with it, they and their clients may be disappointed.

Also, I believe the dividends could only be used to offset premium or increase benefit.

Of a total of $1.7 billion in dividends paid, whole Life Policies received $1.65 billion.

Where did you find that? The link from DHK says $1.6 billion as well.

Although hardly surprising. Aren't NWM, Guardian, and NYL heavily tilted towards life dividends as well? They don't call them life insurance companies for nothing.

Latest posts

Back