Medigap HDF and HDG. First Dollar Coverage ?

LostDollar

There's No Toilet Paper- on the Road Less Traveled
5000 Post Club
Kansas
? 1) Does Medigap plan HDF offer first dollar coverage of the plan holder's 20% share of Medicare Part B costs?

Federal regulations suggest that it (HDF) does, because it was dropped from availability to new T65's starting in 2020, along with conventional Plan F.

Discussions between forum members before 2020 suggested that in many cases, HDG would function like HDF for the plan holders.

? 2) Does Medigap plan HDG offer first dollar coverage of the plan holder's 20% share of Medicare Part B costs as long as the plan holder's Part B deductible obligation for the current year is met and processed by the Medigap carrier before the plan holder's full Medigap High Deductible obligation for the current year is met and processed by the Medigap carrier?

? 1) Does Medigap plan HDF offer first dollar coverage of the plan holder's 20% share of Medicare Part B costs?

Federal regulations suggest that it (HDF) does, because it was dropped from availability to new T65's starting in 2020, along with conventional Plan F.

Discussions between forum members before 2020 suggested that in many cases, HDG would function like HDF for the plan holders.

? 2) Does Medigap plan HDG offer first dollar coverage of the plan holder's 20% share of Medicare Part B costs as long as the plan holder's Part B deductible obligation for the current year is met and processed by the Medigap carrier before the plan holder's full Medigap High Deductible obligation for the current year is met and processed by the Medigap carrier?
If a plan has a deductible, then it doesn't have 1st dollar coverage.

Back on sept 23rd of 2021, I think at 10am, we had this discussion, you should have my posts in your library.

We then discussed it again on Feb 10th 2022, forget the time, but you have it, where we discussed hdg plan. It was included in the post with your 4 dental plans dilemma. Its in your library.

I'm sure HDN [high ded N] would be too complicated to discuss right now

Back on sept 23rd of 2021, I think at 10am, we had this discussion, you should have my posts in your library.

We then discussed it again on Feb 10th 2022, forget the time, but you have it, where we discussed hdg plan. It was included in the post with your 4 dental plans dilemma. Its in your library.

I'm sure HDN [high ded N] would be too complicated to discuss right now

Shhhhhhhhh.....

He doesn't know about HDN yet....

Back