My Upline Stole $2K from Me then Ghosted & I have $8K of Debt - Advice?

The issue is about the individual upline and not FFL. If the OP closed sales he has proved that he can do the business it's just a point of client selection.

As agents are independent contractors I'm not sure what good it would do but you may contact the home office and let them know about your situation.

They are a HUGE pyramid recruiting agency. Sort of in the NAA model but target the FE, Medicare, IUL agents more than mortgage protection. Famous for naming their 95% commission level 110% just for shits and giggles.

C'mon. A pyramid recruiting agency? Agents can pick and choose what lines they want to market and no there isn't any recruiting requirement.

C'mon. A pyramid recruiting agency? Agents can pick and choose what lines they want to market and no there isn't any recruiting requirement.
There is recruiting of green new agents of other green new agents. That is insane and only done by agencies that have zero concern that agents actually make money in this biz.
No decent agency would allow this. No one says they “require” it.

While its possible to walk away and stiff the upline, IMO and Carrier it generally won't impact your personal credit.

Since you have had to money and spent it, the right thing to do is to repay it :)

You learned a valuable lesson. The are many crooks and phonies in the insurance business and I have been taken by many of them over the years. I wouldn't loan anyone any money. I have something on my vector report from 13 years ago. Each time I have contracted with a company and it shows up I send the letter from my attorney and all paperwork pertaining to this case. Every company has contracted with me anyway.

@InsuranceGuy17

Re: upline begger.

You probably had little chance to succeed if your trainer is needing to beg for money. Tell me this guy, that gets an override, didn't split your joint cases with you also.

The money is probably gone. However, do the right thing and save some future newbies some grief. Out him to FFL HO and every upline you know of. Complete with his emails and text. Same with any other FFL agents. If he did it to you he is doing it to them and clients as well.

Good luck

Last edited:
Back