New Guy From Kentucky

Sorry! Is UK correct? And I believe that if I would have made that faux pas in Bowling Green, I would have been corrected as well. Maybe not so much in Louisville??

Sorry! Is UK correct? And I believe that if I would have made that faux pas in Bowling Green, I would have been corrected as well. Maybe not so much in Louisville??

In Kentucky KU stands for Kentucky Utilities.

Louisville is also Big Blue country. The city school there has a little bit of a following in Jefferson County but that's about it.

Even in Bowling Green UK gets top billing over Western.

Louisville is also Big Blue country. The city school there has a little bit of a following in Jefferson County but that's about it.

Even in Bowling Green UK gets top billing over Western.

UK is pretty close to top billing even here in Southwestern Indiana. I say that it is close to 50/50 UK/IU. When Rex Chapman was a rookie at Charlotte they filled Roberts Stadium for an preseason game with Charlotte against the Pacers.

Last edited:
There is only one BG and it is in Northern Ohio. They're bright orange and frequently lose to other MAC foes such as Miami, Toledo etc..

Oh yea...They won an NCAA Hockey Championship about 80 years ago.

WebNanny was not used in this post.

If you go captive make sure to question your manager hard about how he will help you get in front of prospects. Does the branch do any joint work? Can you speak with some 1,2 and 3rd year reps.

Thank you. I'm looking to start in FE. I've been reading a ton on it and still feel like I don't know anything, haha.

I appreciate everyone's comments.

If you have been reading for some time you know a couple of things:

1. Do not assign your commissions.
2. If going captive make sure the company fits the market you want to work.
3. If captive you want to know what the carrier will do to get you in front of people beside a project 200.
4. If not going captive I would not place all contracts with just 1 upline until they prove they are worth it.
Best advice you will ever get!

You've received some fine advice on this thread already, and I agree with what they've told you. Good luck to you.

Back