PCIP Gap Insurance

Thank you for the kind advice. My instincts tell me to walk away. My fear is about the fact that this new client is very influential with a group client I've had for years. But good solid instincts and the similar advice of respectable, knowledgeable friends is most likely the safest route. I'm walking away after outlining his options again and strongly recommending HIPAA despite the cost. Thanks, guys. Good advice as always. Ann H.

Thank you for the kind advice. My instincts tell me to walk away. My fear is about the fact that this new client is very influential with a group client I've had for years. But good solid instincts and the similar advice of respectable, knowledgeable friends is most likely the safest route. I'm walking away after outlining his options again and strongly recommending HIPAA despite the cost. Thanks, guys. Good advice as always. Ann H.

Tough to face the music sometimes, but the consequences would be a lot worse if they went bare and then had a health problem. There's also no guarantee enrollment for PCIP will still be open in 6 months even though the odds of it closing down are minimal. Hopefully they will appreciate your honesty.

Sell them an AEP. That way they're not paying much and they will be covered for the most common unexpected claim.

I've sold Team Corp for this purpose in CA. It is a limited indemnity plan, so it is not considered creditable. Short term and even mini medical plans are creditable. Team Corp is limited, but it does give my clients some protection in the gap until they can apply for the PCIP.

When they apply for the PCIP they should include a copy of their non creditable plan's SOB with their application because the State will ask for this and not providing it up front will hold up their PCIP application.

Back