PGI vs SIAA in Colorado

ColoradoAgent

Interested in hearing pros and cons for both PGI and SIAA in Colorado. I am a 21 year captive agent that is leaving in July and will be jumping on the Indy Train. From my research, in Colorado, the two real places to land as an Indy are either PGI or SIAA.

Let me know your thoughts......

Depends on what you're looking for... SIAA and PGI have very different contracts. aai, TAG, Colorado Insurance... lots of places you can go, each with a different set of pros and cons..

Yeah, have looked at Gooshead and Colorado Insurance. Not really wanting to give up 50-55% of renewals for service work. I have done some initial due diligence with SIAA, but am planning on reaching out to PGI today. Any thoughts on major differences

There are so many things I want to say:

The PGI Executive Team was on the carrier side in every role you can imagine. Interacting with IA all over the US. I managed TX, OK, NM, UT, CO and interacted with CA IA often.

Product Management, UW, Claims, you name it we have been involved in it. We know the carrier side and now the agency side very well. Imagine the huge dividends this industry knowledge gives both our agents and our carriers as they engage in our relationship with both.

Because we come from the carrier side, we know our Agency competition and Carriers very well. I call many of them on both sides close, honest, good, friends.

We have One client: Our Agents.
We have One Stake holder: Our Carriers.

We don't tell you what you want to hear, we consult with you and help you hear what needs to be heard. And then let you make the business decisions.

Important Note: Paying someone 50-55% of your renewals for service work. WHAT? I know it exists but WHAT? WHY? when you can pay a national carrier to do it for.....1%, 1.5%, 2%. Hell there are other companies that you can out source it for a fraction of the price.

The idea of paying someone 50% of your RESIDUAL INCOME, (The reason we got into this business) hurts my soul.

Every contract is unique, slow down and enjoy the process of reading them all. Highlight them. Ask questions. I think ours is 13 pages long. Easy read, nothing is slipped into the latter half of an 89 page contract, after you are tired of the legal language.

Call me if you have questions. I am busy but if I have time I love spending time with agents asking great questions. If I don't have time (and I often don't),I'll put you in touch with David Colvin our National Director of Business Development- He is great. (Been a captive, Been an indy, Been on the carrier side with all the big boys- I want to say 30 plus years) He knows his stuff. He has met 1000's of agencies.

Last note: I too have met and managed 1000's of Independent Agencies. Many of which belong to groups, clusters and Aggregators. Many are insanely happy with their relationship with their groups. Others, loath their Cluster and want out. It is so important that you find the right group so your next choice, is your last.

My Mom always told me: Choose your Love, and Love your Choice. (But that was marriage advice)

Latest posts

Back