Question About Farmer's Insurances.

RJH

Does anybody know if Farmer's will allow you to sell other Insurances for example- Medical insurance from Health Choice one. Also would Health Choice one have an issue selling Farmer's Insurances.

If Farmer's does not allow you to sell other insurance is there another insurance company that will?

Thanks for your help

My understanding that, yes, they do allow you to sell other specialty insurance. I'm still a newby, but for example, you want to supply insurance to concrete subcontractors, you can. Again, get another opinion.

Farmers will allow you to sell Health insurance (at least here in CA) and I don't think HealthChoice will have a problem either.

But in terms of home/auto/life/business, Farmers would have the right of first denial. At least that's the contract here in CA.

Thanks for replying to my posting. I talked to a District Manager from Farmers today. It looks like Farmers will not be a good fix for me. They do not like that fact that I have another business. I thought my current business(taxes) would be a good fit. Also, It seems I would have to go through a 2 year training program. I don't have a problem going though the program, but at anytime they can kick me out for any reason. Also the location of my business might be an issue. I have a nice office near a major high street and across the street from a college. I been in business for 4 years. Another point he made was that Farmers' new contracts is limiting agent's ability to offer health insurance from another company. Not sure what that means. I could not get a very clear answers from him.

It looks like I need to go Independent. Not sure where to get an appointment for P&C? If anybody has any suggestions please let me know.

Thanks

Thanks

Back