Question

Where are you at?

• Currently working Direct Mail leads with in home appts.

• Currently working phone leads with in home appts.

• Currently working social media leads with in home appts.

• Currently working Telesales with live transfers

• Currently working Telesales with social media.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Of FE producers, yes?

And have fingers left.

Most of the posters in the FE forum do not sell FE at all. And some don't sell life insurance at all. There was a time when that wasn't the case. But that time is long gone.
I started posting here a long time ago. Yes, there used to be a lot. where did they all go? I know a few have passed away unfortunately. I recall there was a guy out of Missouri who died, used to write United American. I imagine , like all insurance, attrition? Retirement? Hopefully nothing worse than that!!

I started posting here a long time ago. Yes, there used to be a lot. where did they all go? I know a few have passed away unfortunately. I recall there was a guy out of Missouri who died, used to write United American. I imagine , like all insurance, attrition? Retirement? Hopefully nothing worse than that!!
Many retired, died, moved on to Facebook, got out of the biz, etc.
Even back when the forum was more active there were always more dreamers than do’ers.

Jump in and swim with both feet. If you like making some cash while squashing bed bugs, smelling cat pee, and being told off by old ladies, then this is the life for you.

Just yesterday I walked up to a cold knock and was greeted by a HUGE great dane. Nothing beats it when you get the opportunity to sit on a porch swing outside on a beautiful day and make some very decent cash.

Seriously... maybe few FE folks are posting on here at the moment, but you are getting some of the cream of the crop. (I'll step a side on that one.) The knowledge trust here is as deep as it is wide. Not to mention past threads, that while they require a shovel to get past the crap, hold nuggets of gold that you wouldn't find in other places.

My 2 cents worth... but who am I?

I don’t use leads at all anymore, except for some aged DM leads on occasion. I’m a bit of a unicorn on this forum, though, because I’m a hybrid FE/Debit agent.

When I was selling FE exclusively in Virginia, DM was awesome, but much less awesome after I moved to Texas in 2005. So, I bought a “robocall” computer and ran self generated leads for about 3 years with good success. I only stopped because robocalls became illegal.

Since then, I’ve occasionally used other telemarketed leads with mixed results. I also generated my own FaceBook leads for a bit. I got a good response, but the leads weren’t as geographically targeted as I’d like, so I abandoned them. These days, I mainly sell off my book of business (add-ons & referrals). When I have time, I’ll sometimes cold canvass a neighborhood. I can usually generate 4-5 prospects in an hour of cold doorknocks.

If I were starting FE sales today, I’d use DM leads and doorknock them in route order. Most veteran FE producers call for appointments, then doorknock the ones they can’t reach. I come across better in person than I do on the phone, so doorknocking leads has always worked better for me.

Many retired, died, moved on to Facebook, got out of the biz, etc.
Even back when the forum was more active there were always more dreamers than do’ers.
Facebook groups for FE as well as for life insurance in general started popping up a few years back, including a handful started by Forum members. I joined a couple of them, but found them chaotic and difficult to follow. I suppose I’m just an old dawg, so no new tricks for me.

I don’t use leads at all anymore, except for some aged DM leads on occasion. I’m a bit of a unicorn on this forum, though, because I’m a hybrid FE/Debit agent.

When I was selling FE exclusively in Virginia, DM was awesome, but much less awesome after I moved to Texas in 2005. So, I bought a “robocall” computer and ran self generated leads for about 3 years with good success. I only stopped because robocalls became illegal.
I used one of those for a couple of years in the 90's and loved it. Hated to see them go.

Facebook groups for FE as well as for life insurance in general started popping up a few years back, including a handful started by Forum members. I joined a couple of them, but found them chaotic and difficult to follow. I suppose I’m just an old dawg, so no new tricks for me.
On Facebook, nobody questions anyone else’s facts. Real or made up. if you do start pointing out things that make absolutely no sense at all, you attacked as a hater.

On here if you don’t keep it pretty real you are called out almost immediately. But for some reason, newer agents do not find forums anymore. I guess they seem antiquated to them.

On Facebook, nobody questions anyone else’s facts. Real or made up. if you do start pointing out things that make absolutely no sense at all, you attacked as a hater.

On here if you don’t keep it pretty real you are called out almost immediately. But for some reason, newer agents do not find forums anymore. I guess they seem antiquated to them.
That’s because you screw with anyone’s lies or fantasy your banned . Whoever owns the board it’s all about keeping the fantasy going to either sell something or recruit. And that’s there right they started the boards . But it’s not reality . A great % of people fail . Agents need to be told this up front . Few people have the inner desire to stop at nothing to succeed. This board is better than any Facebook board because you can be honest and not hurt feelings or be banned .

That’s because you screw with anyone’s lies or fantasy your banned . Whoever owns the board it’s all about keeping the fantasy going to either sell something or recruit. And that’s there right they started the boards . But it’s not reality . A great % of people fail . Agents need to be told this up front . Few people have the inner desire to stop at nothing to succeed. This board is better than any Facebook board because you can be honest and not hurt feelings or be banned .
Thats why I got kicked out

Latest posts

Back