Selling Cancer Insurance in Texas

I've always thought that cancer policies aren't really good for the client. When / how do you position them?

They aren't good for the clients.... until they have cancer... Cancer treatment can be long, drawn out covering months and even years.. As an example, I have had both heart disease and cancer.. When I had my heart attacks and open heart surgery, treatment was over and I was back at work in 6 weeks. With the cancer, treatment went on for 7 months and much of that time, I was unable to work.

Even if people have excellent medical coverage, there are lots of expenses not covered.. Child care, transportation, clothes, special diets, lost income, insurance deductibles, coinsurance etc. Of course it is best if a person can afford supplemental coverage that covers all possible illnesses and accidents but if they can't, they normally can afford cancer coverage..

Very well put Rousemark. This is the very reason we are going to sell cancer policies. We have a pretty large book of individual health business and selling these customers DI policies has been a challenge over the years.

Latest posts

Back