Spoofing My Phone Number

Yes alldaytuesdays - I have had this happen to me as well! It S...U....C...K.....s...... #itsucks

Several times I have had people call me back asking why I have called them.

One indivicual called me over 20 times and left me a similr amount of messages, because he thought that I was the spammer. I called him back and had to explain the situation. "Spoofing, google it, believe me."

I struggle to understand how our telecommunications system still allows for this. I mean I do understand why there are legitmate reasons for spoofing a number, but come on.

Yes alldaytuesdays - I have had this happen to me as well! It S...U....C...K.....s...... #itsucks

Several times I have had people call me back asking why I have called them.

One indivicual called me over 20 times and left me a similr amount of messages, because he thought that I was the spammer. I called him back and had to explain the situation. "Spoofing, google it, believe me."

I struggle to understand how our telecommunications system still allows for this. I mean I do understand why there are legitmate reasons for spoofing a number, but come on.
Michigan currently has a lottery program to incent people to get the vaccine or put their name in a lottery drawing if they got the vaccine between dates. as my sons employer was answering the questions on the lottery application, he got new messages & phone calls instantly as he answered each new question in the survey. it was either a complete scam, the state sold the data being entered or it was hijacked. each new call was specifically based on how he answered the questions. now all those places have his cell #

Back