Surgeon General SHOCKED by Cost of Health Care

somarco

GA Medicare Expert
5000 Post Club
Atlanta
During my visit (to the ER), I received three bags of IV fluids, two rounds of blood tests, and one X-ray -- and 6 weeks later, an array of medical charges approaching $10,000. Despite my insurance company negotiating it down to $4,800, the onus of the entire amount still fell on me due to my high-deductible health plan (HDHP).

When I contested the seemingly exorbitant charges (even after they had been negotiated down) with the health system, I was met with the response that their fees were legally sound and consistent with charges for all their patients.

Although this person has an HDHP this scenario could apply to anyone with a plan that has a large OOP comprised of deductible, copay, coinsurance.

Apparently the light bulb didn't come on until HIS ox was being gored.

I loved every part of it.

This is what drives me crazy about CMS. They think everyone has a Masters degree. They use Federal Health Insurance in Blue states where HMO's rule and think that's how it works everywhere.

He was Surgeon General for what? A year? Then went back to the private sector and realized that its an even bigger mess.

This is what drives me crazy about CMS. They think everyone has a Masters degree. They use Federal Health Insurance in Blue states where HMO's rule and think that's how it works everywhere.

You can also apply that to agents, who ASSUME just because someone had a managed care plan for 30 years they understood how it worked and does not need to be educated in how MA works.

"Just like what you had before 65 but with a lower premium . . . sign here.".

Back