Switching gears

Bozack23

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I have been in auto sales for three years now and i am considering a move into the insurance business. Anybody have any advice on what companies are good to work for? Looking for a company that pays salary plus bonuses.(if they are out there) Also looking for a company that will help me obtain my license to sell insurance in Pennsylvania. Thanks for the advice in advance.

Hi and welcome!

May I ask why not auto sales any longer?

Why insurance?

Good luck to you . . .

Tom

The Mercedes and BMW dealers by me are doing just fine....and I cannot believe the number of Maserati and Bentleys on the road!

The Mercedes and BMW dealers by me are doing just fine....and I cannot believe the number of Maserati and Bentleys on the road!

Year to date sales of Mercedes is up 7.1%. However, BMW sales are down 16.1%. Maserti up 8.4%. Bentley down 6%.

The typical person that purchases these types of luxury vehicles aren't being affected the same as your typical mid-priced vehicle purchaser.

sman you got it right. those folks are still buying unlike the general public who are feeling the crunch of the economy and gas prices. As for why insurance, I like selling and I'm a people person so i'm just looking for the right product to sell. Seems to me everyone needs some type of insurance. But not real sure how to get started so any advice would help. Thanks.

Looking for a company that pays salary plus bonuses.(if they are out there) Also looking for a company that will help me obtain my license to sell insurance in Pennsylvania.

I've never used them but have heard that License 2 Go is a pretty good group to help you study for your license. I used ABLE to great success. When you say "salary" do you mean commission salary or base salary?

License 2 Go is awesome.

I hunkered down to my computer and completed the entire 40 hr pre-licensing course in a record 19.5 hours. Passed each test with better than 90% and successfully passed my State exam - all in less than 1 week.

Very easy to use and informative.

Tom

When I say salary I mean base salary. I've been told some companies will start you out on a base until you build your book up enough to cover the base. Is that true and if so what companies will do that. Also applied online with New York Life and have an interview next week. Anybody have any info about them.(good or bad)

Thanks

Back