• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Teach Me Your Ways, Oh Wise Ones!

Newby you are the resident expert on this. I wonder if maybe it is a regional thing but I have done a couple claims recently where the funeral home took the assignment and the check was paid to them. These were independents which at least in my area are becoming less and less.

Every time I've known of a funeral home getting the assignment from one of the assignment companies the money has been paid to the funeral home direct.

Newby you are the resident expert on this. I wonder if maybe it is a regional thing but I have done a couple claims recently where the funeral home took the assignment and the check was paid to them. These were independents which at least in my area are becoming less and less.

They always have that option and it's more common in states that can supply a death certificate within a day or two.

Kentucky can't issue a death certificate any quicker than 30-days on average so most funeral homes assign policies to help with cash flow.

Back