Under what Circumstances is a 2 Line Autodialer Ideal?

Maew

Expert
I've been reading that the issues with dropped calls on a 2 line auto-dialer are not significant. This is hard for me to believe assuming there is always 1 line that is dialing for a number. If I'm talking to someone for an average of 30 seconds each time and occasionally 5 minutes, I would expect to miss a lot of calls.

Am I misunderstanding how these dialers work or neglecting something else? My scenario is calling upon people in the real estate profession (mainly real estate agents) and I call them at work. The answer rate is fairly high.

It really depends on the dialer and how they handle multiple lines. Some dialers will keep dialing on the "second" line. Some will pause dialing on the "second" line after the "second" person hangs up the phone. And some dialers have safeguards built in the dialer to protect you like Auto-pause, FTC Abandonment Rate Meters, Time-Zone Protection, etc. Some dialers will even just hang up on the second line which (just my opinion) is not the best way as you've just hung up on someone and upon calling them back you may be starting off on the wrong foot.

In deciding how many lines to dial at a time alot needs to be considered:

-How many times do you have the dialer set to ring?
-Do you have a short or long script?
-Are you leaving voicemail messages (manually or automatically with a dialer feature)?

Asking alot of questions on how their dialer handles multiple-line dialing and on-hold scenarios will tell you everything you need to make an informed decision.

I would suspect you are getting a high rate with real estate agents and upon evaluating some of the things I've mentioned you can prepare yourself for getting majority saturation on those live calls without missing many opportunities. Hopes this helps a little and you have a good day.

I've been reading that the issues with dropped calls on a 2 line auto-dialer are not significant. This is hard for me to believe assuming there is always 1 line that is dialing for a number. If I'm talking to someone for an average of 30 seconds each time and occasionally 5 minutes, I would expect to miss a lot of calls.

Am I misunderstanding how these dialers work or neglecting something else? My scenario is calling upon people in the real estate profession (mainly real estate agents) and I call them at work. The answer rate is fairly high.

Two lines is fine, but b2b often times is just a single line. In b2c 3-4 work better.

It also stops dialing once you connect with someone.

Back