What is the Co Insurance Amts for Cancer Treatment: Radiation and Chemo

timeflies

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
One of my MAPD members will likely be needing to go thru chemo and radiation as he was just diagnosed with lung cancer. What can he expect to pay? As with most MAPD plans, His co pay will be 20% just as if he were on Original Medicare. Does anyone know of these amts?

Chemo is expensive probably will hit their out of pocket maximum. It's good to offer a $5000 - $10,000 cancer policy when selling an MA policy to protect the client from this situation.

Chemo is expensive probably will hit their out of pocket maximum. It's good to offer a $5000 - $10,000 cancer policy when selling an MA policy to protect the client from this situation.

A person is never "lucky" to have cancer but at least they have it at this time of year and so chemo and radiation will probably be done before the end of the year. The financial hit is even greater when a person starts treatment toward the end of the year.. Then they two OOP maximums to satisfy within a couple of months.
You are right, a cancer policy can be a godsend, especially to a person with an advantage plan.

http://www.npr.org/sections/health-...s-soar-people-delay-or-skip-cancer-treatments

One of my MAPD members will likely be needing to go thru chemo and radiation as he was just diagnosed with lung cancer. What can he expect to pay? As with most MAPD plans, His co pay will be 20% just as if he were on Original Medicare. Does anyone know of these amts?
What is the MOOP on the plan? Forget everything else.

Spittball number the 20% will be apox. 1-3k monthly however most of my MA clients have been able to get that paid through a foundation or even written off- if they ask.

Ironically, the member has been on Medicare for several years and he will turn 65 in July. Looks like we should have a discussion about buying a Med Supp plan.

Spittball number the 20% will be apox. 1-3k monthly however most of my MA clients have been able to get that paid through a foundation or even written off- if they ask.

I agree I have had a few in the past year on MAPD that had the first $15,000 paid for by foundations, therefore, meeting moop without really having to pay anything. This is especially true with immunotherapy.

Back