Your Insurance Office for CRM

dlvhi

Expert
Aloha all

I am transitioning from doing insurance part-time to doing it full-time and want to capture all contacts and prospects in a good data base. Although some on this forum are using a more robust CRM system, the consensus has been that YIO is a good choice for most agents.

I guess I have two questions.

1) Is YIO still a consensus pick for CRM for life and health agents?

2) (I apologize for raising a sensitive issue here but I need to ask the question). Does anyone know if there will be technical support and product maintenance for YIO going forward?

I didn't have that much interaction with Frank but I did benefit from his expertise in several of his posts and will greatly miss his presence on these forums.

Mahalo

Dennis

Frank's wife is supporting YIO. YIO is so easy that technical support is almost a non-issue. The most support you may need is getting an activation code in the event you have to reinstall the program onto a new computer.

I don't know if there's any plans for a new release (v6.0?) in the future - particularly without Frank.

Frank's wife is supporting YIO.
I'm sure it's been understandably difficult on Frank's wife, but there have been numerous posts about lack of (or very slow) response(s) to issues with YIO. Do you know her background to support it?

Don't know that with the variety of free, cloud CRMs available that it makes sense to open your business to the risk...

I use Zoho CRM, not designed specifically for insurance, however it is pretty customisable, it can handle leads, contacts, potentials etc, you can set up automated tasks/emails etc and it is cloud hosted. I only pay $12 per month per user access which is cheap!

Admittely it does take a bit of time to customise they way you want it, but it is worth the look!

Does anyone have any thoughts on the CRM platforms that are part of the broader insurance suites? The ones offered through Aplifi, iPipeline or Ebix for example?

Thanks for the responses. I probably will check out Zoho although I am not all that enthused about the "cloud". Is that really anything more than internet access to someone else's server?

I remember when business computing was done through service bureaus, you basically rented their computer and software. I thought it was a great advance when you could own the computer and software. Methinks the cloud is a step backward in many respects....
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Has anyone on this forum just used Microsoft Access to design their own database?

Last edited:
Back