$100 to be certified this year

I would like to Mention agents will need to pay License fee's in states that they are selling the 2009 PFFS plans on top of the $100.00 Cert fee required.

I would like to Mention agents will need to pay License fee's in states that they are selling the 2009 PFFS plans on top of the $100.00 Cert fee required.

Who cares, PFFS plans suck anyways, and they are gone in a couple of years. What a waste of time and money to get contracted with crappy companies.

First I have heard of paying License fee. And I did not pay the $100 either and I am recert. with Humana.

I do a lot of the Wellcare Duet/Melody, or, I did until they shut it down in Ky and In in May. I have potential clients calling me constantly for the Duet, {referrals from current clients}. I bet I have a list of 50 or more to call as soon as it becomes availabe again.
I've said it many times before, but the Duet plan was marketed in a dishonest manner. I had my contract terminated by them because of my posts to that subject. In the end, apparently CMS agreed with me.

I'll post more information about my love for this company shortly but it would not bother me in the least if they just quietly went away.

Rick

Who cares, PFFS plans suck anyways, and they are gone in a couple of years. What a waste of time and money to get contracted with crappy
companies.

Every big insurance company operates a PFFS plan somewhere.

I do agree that PFFS are waste of taxpayers money and little to no benefit to members. It seems like the only agents that like them are from rural areas and don't have access and never sold network based plans. I know that there are changes coming for 2009 but i won't sell PFFS anymore because there is too many definate maybes you have to propose to the prospect and the biggest carrot MA's dangle in front of prospects , no premium PDP , is usually not offered with PFFS. And what good is a MOOP if it doesn't include Part B drugs , radition and dialysis.

And oh yeah , the customer service and broker support that comes with PFFS plans are the biggest retards in the whole health insurance industry.

So are Aetna & Secure Horizons good products to start with the medical advantage. I see Aetna is charging the $100. I'm assuming Secure Horizons is not. Anybody know?

So are Aetna & Secure Horizons good products to start with the medical advantage. I see Aetna is charging the $100. I'm assuming Secure Horizons is not. Anybody know?
You assume correctly.

By the way, if you contract with Aetna through ritterim.com, you will be reimbursed your $100 upon issuance of your first case.

Rick

I have done my '09 certification with 3 companies so far and I have yet to have to pay a fee for the certification process or for an appointment fee.

Latest posts

Back