18-49 Death Rate Spike Not Related to COVID-19

None of those say that hospitals get more money to just call a death covid related that wasn't covid related. Of course they get more money to treat covid. Just as they get more money to treat anything vs not treating.

My wife works in administration at the largest hospital in this area. She sees the monies that come in and the monies that go out. They do not get any extra money to call a death covid related.

My wife works in administration at the largest hospital in this area. She sees the monies that come in and the monies that go out. They do not get any extra money to call a death covid related.

This is from the ABC10 Article -

THE QUESTIONS:

Do hospitals receive more funds if they say a death is related to COVID-19? And does this mean the number of coronavirus death are false or inflated?

THE ANSWER:

ABC10 can verify that hospitals do get reimbursed for coronavirus related care, which unfortunately includes deaths.

This is from the ABC10 Article -

THE QUESTIONS:

Do hospitals receive more funds if they say a death is related to COVID-19? And does this mean the number of coronavirus death are false or inflated?

THE ANSWER:

ABC10 can verify that hospitals do get reimbursed for coronavirus related care, which unfortunately includes deaths.

The articles say they are reimbursed for the care received. There is no Medicare code for a Covid-Death (per the articles you posted). They get reimbursed just like any other Medicare patient.

The articles say they are reimbursed for the care received. There is no Medicare code for a Covid-Death (per the articles you posted). They get reimbursed just like any other Medicare patient.

"Medicare will pay hospitals a 20% "add-on" to the regular DRG payment for COVID-19 patients. That’s a result of the CARES Act, the largest of the three federal stimulus laws enacted in response to the coronavirus, which was signed into law March 27."

True dat!!

One of the false things being promoted is that hospitals get extra money to call deaths covid related. I know for a fact that's not true. But hear it regularly.

One I just heard on the Part B premium increase being $22 is that it was supposed to be $11 but Biden put in $11 to pay for the new Alzheimer's drug. :1wink:

I did tell that lady that whomever told her that just simply did not know what they were talking about it. She said, "I read it!". Well, maybe she did? On one of these propaganda sites.
Well, if what she is saying is not true (other than blaming Biden) then why they now considering decreasing the increase because of the Alzheimer's drug not being what they thought? Last I heard Yahoo finance is not an alt-right sight.

Medicare Part B Premium Hike Could Be Reduced as Government Reassesses Alzheimer’s Drug

This is from that infamous alt right site, CNBC.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/01/10/government-may-scale-back-medicare-part-b-premium-increase.html

When I was in the COVID unit of the hospital, I discussed this with the patient ombudsman.. (turned out I had non covid related pneumonia) and I was told the payment the hospital received was more for a covid pneumonia patient than for a non covid pneumonia patient. Medicare pays a lump sum to hospitals for each condition code. If the patient does not require as much care or has a shorter stay than normal, the hospital makes money. If the patient requires more care or stays longer, the hospital loses money.

They receive a higher payment for Covid because in the beginning covid patients required more care than the non covid (I don't know if this is still true).

But this does not mean the hospitals inflated diagnosis. First of all, they have to have positive test results. Secondly, if they were falsifying the testing, that would be Medicare fraud which would subject the institution to huge fines and the top administrators to possible jail terms.

When I was in the COVID unit of the hospital, I discussed this with the patient ombudsman.. (turned out I had non covid related pneumonia) and I was told the payment the hospital received was more for a covid pneumonia patient than for a non covid pneumonia patient. Medicare pays a lump sum to hospitals for each condition code. If the patient does not require as much care or has a shorter stay than normal, the hospital makes money. If the patient requires more care or stays longer, the hospital loses money.

They receive a higher payment for Covid because in the beginning covid patients required more care than the non covid (I don't know if this is still true).

But this does not mean the hospitals inflated diagnosis. First of all, they have to have positive test results. Secondly, if they were falsifying the testing, that would be Medicare fraud which would subject the institution to huge fines and the top administrators to possible jail terms.

If I had Covid and was asymptomatic like many people are, and I broke my arm on my dirtbike, or went in for any other non covid reason, they could test me, check off the covid box, get their extra 20%, without any falsifying or fraud, correct? Furthermore, its my understanding, especially towards the beginning of the pandemic, all they needed for their 20% was "covid-like symptoms" which could be nearly anything under the sun, correct?

If I had Covid and was asymptomatic like many people are, and I broke my arm on my dirtbike, or went in for any other non covid reason, they could test me, check off the covid box, get their extra 20%, without any falsifying or fraud, correct? Furthermore, its my understanding, especially towards the beginning of the pandemic, all they needed for their 20% was "covid-like symptoms" which could be nearly anything under the sun, correct?
The test would have to indicate "positive" not just they tested you.

The test would have to indicate "positive" not just they tested you.

Many patients hospitalized for other ailments are also testing positive for Covid

giphy.gif

the-mask-jim-carrey.gif

thumbs-up-congrats.gif

"Medicare will pay hospitals a 20% "add-on" to the regular DRG payment for COVID-19 patients. That’s a result of the CARES Act, the largest of the three federal stimulus laws enacted in response to the coronavirus, which was signed into law March 27."

All this is alt-right nonsense. Put your foil hat and fly off some where. :arghh:

I'm confused, does alt-right mean your really, really right, like ultra-right, as opposed to ultra-wrong... or, does it mean your alt-right vs. being alt-left? I mean, being a lefty trying to use a right handed skill saw can be really difficult. And anyway, what does skill saws have to do with politics? :wacko:

Sounds stupid doesn't it... sorta like the song and dance we are all getting.

I'm not amused. :skeptical:

Back