• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

$25 to Your Favorite Charity.....

Indiana producers may donate earned commissions to charities as long as clients or prospective clients have no influence over which charity receives the donation, the donation is not in the client's name, and no client or propsective client becomes elgible for a tax benefit from the donation.

Verbatim from IN Insurance Law. So be careful, I'm sure there are other states that have similar provisions.

So you could advertise that 20% of your commission goes to charity as long as the client doesn't know which charity and you get the tax deduction?

"Buy insurance from me and I'll donate a portion of the commission to the charity of my choice and get the tax deduction for myself."

I'm going to go out and buy and ad in whatever newspapers are still in Indiana.

Rick

I have Marfans...

Abraham Lincoln also had Marfans Syndrome, and I, and my son, have been tested. You must really be tall because Marfans usually only happens in very tall, skinny white kids.

I am almost 6'6" tall(no longer skinny), and my son who is 17 is 6'9" tall and weighs about 230 lbs.

Most people with Marfans have a longer wingspan, than they are tall. We were both negative for it.

Last edited:
Abraham Lincoln also had Marfans Syndrome, and I, and my son, have been tested. You must really be tall because Marfans usually only happens in very tall, skinny white kids.

I am almost 6'6" tall(no longer skinny), and my son who is 17 is 6'9" tall and weighs about 230 lbs.

Most people with Marfans have a longer wingspan, than they are tall. We were both negative for it.

Yes, I'm really tall and skinny.

Awareness & Action

I use to do a lot with the marfan group. That website is one example. I use to teach people about Marfans.

Back