30k a Month Club

Thanks for the detailed response.

Do you find with fully-booked days that it helps you mentally move past all the BS small talk and into business?

Doing these 10-appointment days helps eliminate neediness of making a sale, and gets me right to the point.

I've thought a lot about how you run your appointments; I imagine you eliminate a lot of the fluff.

No POS carriers for 75% of your business... probably save filling out the application for the next day and have a template form to fill out demographic data to add later... only have handy the application forms requiring signatures...

My only hold up with your system is appropriately addressing value and selling yourself -- at first glance, you seem more of an order-taker than a salesman. Don't get me wrong, I am not criticizing you; it just appears after 3 years of selling this that my one objection to doing a massive appointment-setting approach is that there might be a longer-term client attrition concern. But I could be wrong in my gut-feeling.

Thanks again for sharing parts of your system.

Even though I only have been selling FE for about 2 years, have been a salesman my whole life... Intuition does kick in and there are variables. I can sense when someone is wasting my time. If they don't have a need or interest, I hit the road. If I am running early, I might spend a little extra time with a client especially if I think I can make the sale or even if my numbers are low for the month. When it comes to making a HARD CLOSE, I can do that too, and those tend to often stay on the books longer than others.

I haven't done a POS interview in over a year. Had a client a month ago that wanted insurance for her step son. He had a stent recently and I sent my wife back the next week to sell him Aetna. Wifey spends time with clients and delivers policies so it solidified the 2 sales.

My persistancy is right around 75% so YES, my system costs me persistancy... but financially, it works better for me!

When selling Mortgage Protection, I only wrote 125k a year, was spending 1.5 hours with the client for the sale, and had a persistancy of 97%

Our market isn't responsible enough for me to spend too much time with... I know that sounds rude but the clients I spend the most time with and that I do the most work for tend to be the ones that cancel or fall off after a couple of months.

There's one thing that constantly comes through from Agentguy5's posts. Besides the fact that he knows the business, the dude WORKS!

Most agents, or people in general, are not going to put in that much work. Good on him for that.:yes:

Even though I only have been selling FE for about 2 years, have been a salesman my whole life... Intuition does kick in and there are variables. I can sense when someone is wasting my time. If they don't have a need or interest, I hit the road. If I am running early, I might spend a little extra time with a client especially if I think I can make the sale or even if my numbers are low for the month. When it comes to making a HARD CLOSE, I can do that too, and those tend to often stay on the books longer than others.

I haven't done a POS interview in over a year. Had a client a month ago that wanted insurance for her step son. He had a stent recently and I sent my wife back the next week to sell him Aetna. Wifey spends time with clients and delivers policies so it solidified the 2 sales.

My persistancy is right around 75% so YES, my system costs me persistancy... but financially, it works better for me!

When selling Mortgage Protection, I only wrote 125k a year, was spending 1.5 hours with the client for the sale, and had a persistancy of 97%

Our market isn't responsible enough for me to spend too much time with... I know that sounds rude but the clients I spend the most time with and that I do the most work for tend to be the ones that cancel or fall off after a couple of months.

Good insight.

A lot of the "FE Intuition" is developed over working hundreds of presentations and really developing a "feel" for what these people are like.

I don't know if what you're saying now would have made sense to me a year or two ago. We are really dealing with a group of people in certain ways, are VERY different than you or me.

AG5 -- where does your FE Sales System go from here?

AG5 -- where does your FE Sales System go from here?

That is part of why I started this thread... good question!

With some of the guys @ 360FG starting weekly training calls, it opens up the door to do some recruiting. Haven't done very good with that in the past so I am really not sure what to expect! I'm an insurance agent, not a recruiter... Not sure about biting off more than I can chew...

That is part of why I started this thread... good question!

With some of the guys @ 360FG starting weekly training calls, it opens up the door to do some recruiting. Haven't done very good with that in the past so I am really not sure what to expect! I'm an insurance agent, not a recruiter... Not sure about biting off more than I can chew...

I think you will find it isn't all it is cracked up to be, especially when the chargebacks roll up to you.

I think you will find it isn't all it is cracked up to be, especially when the chargebacks roll up to you.

You know, is funny. I used to think "guys just say that BC they don't want other recruiters out there to compete with..."

Then I started recruiting. And by golly, they were telling the truth, mostly.

More than anything, it's the fact that it is kinda the opposite of what an agent is doing: an agent makes a good deal of money off each sale, so a few sales each week is going to make your nut.

As an upline, you make a little (OneLife not withstanding) off of many sales.

Therefore, one or two charge backs can cripple you until you have enough agents beneath you to absorb the losses.

You know, is funny. I used to think "guys just say that BC they don't want other recruiters out there to compete with..."

Then I started recruiting. And by golly, they were telling the truth, mostly.

More than anything, it's the fact that it is kinda the opposite of what an agent is doing: an agent makes a good deal of money off each sale, so a few sales each week is going to make your nut.

As an upline, you make a little (OneLife not withstanding) off of many sales.

Therefore, one or two charge backs can cripple you until you have enough agents beneath you to absorb the losses.

The real issue is finding quality agents. When I was with EFES, we tried over and over again to find good agents out here to no avail. I am not saying they don't exist, but it isn't easy. This is a big reason why Travis and Scott want seasoned guys as they require less brain damage and have a lower chance of big charge backs, even if they get 70 pt over writes. :laugh::laugh:

The real issue is finding quality agents. When I was with EFES, we tried over and over again to find good agents out here to no avail. I am not saying they don't exist, but it isn't easy. This is a big reason why Travis and Scott want seasoned guys as they require less brain damage and have a lower chance of big charge backs, even if they get 70 pt over writes. :laugh::laugh:

Exactly.

What, three out of four fail, right?
And one of the three failures leaves a debt for the up line (maybe a little exaggerative, but not ridiculously so).

Tough bidness.

Exactly. What, three out of four fail, right? And one of the three failures leaves a debt for the up line (maybe a little exaggerative, but not ridiculously so). Tough bidness.

But if Agentguy recruits he may do it "beast mode" just like he does FE.

Sent from my iPad using InsForums

I would love to connect with producers that write around 30k a month in order to share a few things about what they are doing for/about

• Retention
• Leads
• Sanity “possible too late for me”

It seems that this would be a thread that could be beneficial for everyone. In the past 2 years, I realize that I went through 3 different stages.

1. Door knocking while trying to get some sort of rhythm down along with learning the carriers, learning a presentation, along with figuring out how to get 15-20 leads a week
2. Upping leads to 30-40 a week, setting appointments on the phone, door knocking leads that are blown on the phone or that don’t answer, while tightening up my approach and getting the presentation fluent
3. 60+ Leads a week, using appointment setter full time, increasing average AP per sale while spending less time with clients that are not interested or don’t have the need for coverage

I am just starting stage 2. Question I have for you concerns leads. Do you pay x amount for a lead card or do you do your own mailings through a vendor. I have found that I will save money by coordinating the mailings myself but it is a pain to keep up with my mailings, and keeping the leads coming in. My main lead vendor will sell them to me for x amount per lead and I am considering going that route. Also do you use telemarketer leads? If so, what percent of your total leads do they make up? Thanks In Advance

Back