6 Days Still No Power!

b61mack...I sympathize with you as was in Myrtle Beach when it was directly hit by Hugo. Saw the price gouging, the beach was moved back a few blocks and lives changed forever. Certainly puts things in perspective on the things that are important... will be thinking of you, others I know there and everyone else.

I am in warren co, nj. nw corner, The rain was normal, I thought the weatherman was wrong, but then the wind came, blowing off roofs, knocking down trees. I wasn't worried about my stone, building, circa 1760. It was here when George Washington was here in NJ. It is rumored he stopped and pissed on the tree out front.(just kidding). On saturday i couldn't take the cold anymore, I now know why they made ice houses out of stone. Came back monday, power back on. building was at 47 degrees. Now I have to try, to get back to normal. iinyc, I feel guilty complaining, when you guys really got hit. The bright side for you, flood insurance should be an easy sell, and selling replacement value on homeowner, insuance. people are going to get pissed with the insurance companies when they point out ACV,vs replacement value. And the argument did the wind blow the house down, or the water knock it down. What came first the wind or the water. I think that is still being litigated, from Katrina.

b61, its all good. venting eases frustration its good for you lol.

everything is back to normal now, im waiting for adjuster for my home and car. fema gave me 10 days of hotel since my hot water boiler and heater is done. i've been staying at my office though, some other families probably need the room

its gonna be hard to fight the homeowners. some streets were flooded from over flow and some streets were sewer back up only. i dont have flood coverage

gas is still scarce here, still have 3 hr lines and i see some people siphoning gas.

also northeast people brace for noreaster storm! its gonna get cold

Last edited:
Good question. I'll post something to draw him over.
-

Good idea. This will work better.
sexy-girl-wallpaper-5.jpg

iiinyc, Gas lines I am shooked. I thought Obama fixed everything? Shame on you for not having Flood insurance. Make that you rallying cry!

Rob, We saw you on the news, surfing the big waves, before the storm lol. In the newspaper last week, they said we are in the new hurricane alley, NY,NJ,PA. Mabe he was right. I see a lot of P&C business coming. People are going to be mad at the insurance companies. And will be ready to jump.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Rob. you guys got a direct hit, I'm surprised your house is still standing. If you get any photo's of the area, please post them. Good luck getting your power and water turned back on.

Last edited:
i have a bunch of people wanting to buy flood insurance for the previous loss -.-

and to Rob, i know you guys got hit WAY worse then us here. like 100x. good luck on the recovery!

Back