• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

A Rookies Daily Activity Journal

Day 1

Lead door’s knocked – 9 (that’s all the fresh leads I have at this time)
Cold door’s knocked - 20
Appointments set -2
Presentations - 2
Apps - 0
Annual Premium -0
Start time (first door in the morning) 9:40
Finish time 6:00

I had a few realizations today. I have to add a few more metrics.

Obviously I forgot about presentations… Duh! But also I need to track not just the doors knocked but how many people I actually speak to from those knocks.

I mean you can knock on 50 doors but if you only talk to 5 people that’s what really matters. It’s how many contacts you make not how many doors you knock on.

So tomorrow I will track that as well.

Notes:
The two presentations where from cold doors not lead doors which is encouraging. It may not have been a great day sales wise, but it was a good day in that I felt good about overcoming the fear of doing the cold doors and I did get in two houses and set two more appointments.

It’s one thing to knock on a lead door with a direct mail card they have filled out in their own hand writing but quite another to knock on a completely cold door.

I feel overcame that a little today and got my door pitch down good pretty good.

See ya tmrw.

I have to add a few more metrics.

You should do whatever it is you think you must. For me, the only thing that matters is activity. You cannot control how many people open the door. You cannot control how many folks will let you in and listen to a sales presentation.

You can only control your inputs - which is doors knocked and hours worked.

In the end, what matters is that you knock, and you keep knocking until quitting time.

The other metrics might help in the short term with refinements. For example, if you give 10 presentations and you haven't close three sales then something needs work.

How are you choosing which doors to knock cold?

You should do whatever it is you think you must. For me, the only thing that matters is activity. You cannot control how many people open the door. You cannot control how many folks will let you in and listen to a sales presentation.

You can only control your inputs - which is doors knocked and hours worked.

In the end, what matters is that you knock, and you keep knocking until quitting time.

The other metrics might help in the short term with refinements. For example, if you give 10 presentations and you haven't close three sales then something needs work.

How are you choosing which doors to knock cold?

You're probably right I am over thinking things a bit but for now I want to know how many presentations I get compared to how many people I actually talk to,

Today I simply went to the door to the right and left of the lead.

Day 2

Lead door’s knocked - 7
Cold door’s knocked - 13
Contacts made - 5
Presentations - 2
Appointments set - 0
Apps - 1
Start time - 9:30
Finish time - 2:00

Notes:
Only worked a half day today but had one sale so it's a good day. I feel a little guilty only working half a day but we have plans for this evening so it is what it is. Happy New Year and Happy New Decade.

Last edited:
Day 2

Lead door’s knocked - 7
Cold door’s knocked - 13
Contacts made - 5
Presentations - 2
Appointments set - 0
Apps - 1

Notes:
Only worked a half day today but had one sale so it's a good day. I feel a little guilty only working half a day but have we have plans for this evening so it is what it is. Happy New Year and Happy New Decade.
Way to go, man!:noteworthy:

Day 2

Lead door’s knocked - 7
Cold door’s knocked - 13
Contacts made - 5
Presentations - 2
Appointments set - 0
Apps - 1

Notes:
Only worked a half day today but had one sale so it's a good day. I feel a little guilty only working half a day but we have plans for this evening so it is what it is. Happy New Year and Happy New Decade.

Day 2

Lead door’s knocked - 7
Cold door’s knocked - 13
Contacts made - 5
Presentations - 2
Appointments set - 0
Apps - 1

Notes:

Back