AARP Secure Horizons

Frank, you are making me blush...:laugh:

United Heathcare has 3 outlets for sales:

Captive (for HMO markets)
FMO's
Telesales

I use a local FMO here in Kansas City for my UHC contract. However, the FMO I use is mostly focused on work site sales. I have never sold any of UHC products since they were not in the KC metro last AEP.

Check with Frank's contacts or SAI for specifics.

What are the med questions/underwriting like for the Secure Horizon plans. How "simplified" is it or is it not?

Winter

What are the med questions/underwriting like for the Secure Horizon plans. How "simplified" is it or is it not?

Winter
All MA plans (except special needs programs) have the same underwriting.

1) Must have Medicare A & B
2) Must live in the service area
3) No end stage renal disease

That's pretty much it. This does not address if it is appropriate for the person, just how you qualify.

Rick

All MA plans (except special needs programs) have the same underwriting.

1) Must have Medicare A & B
2) Must live in the service area
3) No end stage renal disease

That's pretty much it. This does not address if it is appropriate for the person, just how you qualify.

Rick

Thanks.

Speaking of the special needs program. My limited understanding is that that plan can be sold year round. Is there any business to be had with that program or it just a niche type of thing where you would run around doing a lot of marketing for onesy two-sy type sales. Any real action there? Commission tends to be the same for other MA or?

Winter

All depends on the SNP plan. CIP (Care Improvement Plus) is a decent program for diabetics, COPD, heart failure and ESRD.

Yes, they can be sold year round. Medicare benes have a 1x SEP to enroll anytime of the year.

There are marketing organizations that treat agents like real people. We should support them and tell the rest to kiss our ass.

Could you tell us some of the good marketing organizations out there??

Yes I do offer contracts for UHC.

Senior,

Call me if you have the contracts at a fair deal. 812-459-3464

I went to their meeting in Evansville this week but guess what...no one showed up. They had the room set up for 40-people and no one was there. I guess they don't know about Indiana and our floating time zones.

It seems to me that most of you are missing the most important aspect of the AARP/Secure Horizons rollout-Agent credibility.

Let's face it, calling a prospect and saying you are a local agent with that represents AARP gives you a much better chance of having someone pay attention than simply saying you are local. I'm 60 and even though I've never joined AARP I hear so many people my age or older treat that name like royalty that I'm all for having products with their brand in my product offering. On top of that AARP's Med Supplement plans are very, very cost competitive (at least in Florida) so that eliminates another issue.

Back