Accident plans

binky

Expert
I'm wondering how a agent would do by just going out and selling accident plans. Seems like with the increase of the number of uninsured in the country that just came out this week a decent accident plan is something a lot of people would want as this is probably what most of them are worried about - sports injury, falling down, breaking a bone. Yeh Critical illness is important but an accident plan just going door to door or business to business seems like a sure thing. But does the commission make it worth it. Thoughts?

No, they have accident, cancer, life.....all indemnity but exactly what you would sell door to door if you tried it.

No, they have accident, cancer, life.....all indemnity but exactly what you would sell door to door if you tried it.

You might have misunderstood my angle on this. There was a report which came out this week about how the number of uninsured has risen. A lot of these people don't want to pay $500 for a $5000 deductible plan. When they think of AFLAC they think of disability.
My theory is one should have no problem picking up an accident plan if it's presented the right way. I would think the response to an AFLAC salesmen would be "we get it at work".

Not everyone has an employer who wants to give an Aflac agent a payroll spot. When I worked for Aflac I would go into businesses which had a stack of business cards from other Aflac agents. Aflac blows through agents on a regular basis. Many of the employees were very interested in the product but the business would not do the deductions. Policies issue in about 72 hours and you get paid in 72 hours but you will need to knock on a lot of doors with any accident policy in order to make any money

LOL. Their disability primarily right?
AFLAC's #1 case opener always leads with the accident plan.. Then on enrollment they show the other plans that are available.. Not every employer will give up a payroll slot but they will let you talk to the employees and sell them on an individual basis. Washington National has a great plan to do this with, Manhattan also has a good accident plan that will let you add accident disability (something you can only add to WN using Payroll deduction). The Manhattan plan also pays a larger commission percentage.. You could make a much better than average living selling "one in the morning and one in the afternoon"

You got me thinking about dusting off my spats. But in this day age that might get me "Beat up once in the morning and once in the afternoon".:err:
Not really... I still do a little walking and talking in the business sections selling individual plans. The "one in the morning, one in the afternoon" comes from an RVP with the old Underwriters International out of Chattanooga... He was a one man operation and was always among the leaders.. Making in excess of $100K in the early 80s... He would walk the main streets of small towns between K-town and Chattanooga. All individual sales, no payroll and that was his motto..

Latest posts

Back