Aetna Commission schedule ??

I always use the web conference method. I just cannot see any client actually completing an on-line application.
I prefer to walk them through the app (I do all of the typing except for the Bank draft info and the signatures). Much more peace of mind.
Takes 20 minutes for a single person and around 35 minutes for a family.
I spent my time and effort to find them a plan that suites their requirements and then sold them on it, and I am damn sure not going to leave them to struggle with the online apps and maybe give up. No way.

As my 20 year old son says...word.

I can't imagine hardly anyone would complete just about any carriers application CORRECTLY or make it past the payment page.

"What you mean I actually have to pay for this? Just mail me a bill"

I write 4-5 apps per week and never touch it other than getting it started... I'm lazy though... I just tell them how it works and explain the payment page... get them to login while I'm on the phone and then tell them to call me if they get stumped. Seriously 1 out of 10 have a problem.

I recommend what is right for my client without regard to trips, bonuses, etc.

Not that I am loaded, but I put my clients first. Not saying you (or others who get into bonuses) are, I just run my business the same, month after month, without regard to incentives.

Right now BX and GR are paying $100 per app bounty's. I have $100 coming from each of them, that's it.

I did just get a $2k bonus from H1, but it was just a coincidence. I didn't do anything different because they had a bonus plan.

I just wanted to comment on it. I get "into" bonuses, generally after the fact. If the carriers plans fit with my clients, then an added bonus is great. I just thought that the Aetna bonus was particularly appealing, because they have been the most competitive and most in demand, for family coverage in my area, and I was writing them anyway. I was already half way thru the fifty apps for the quarter with them, when I read about the bonus, which doesn't mean that I'm full of integrity, just uniformed.

I think that the way you handle your clients is reflective of a serious agent in it for the long haul and is the harder way to do it. I must admit, however, that sometimes I am envious of these guys getting rich writing one or two carriers for health and life. Good salesman, with uncomplicated lives. I just can't do it that way.

Bill, my comments were not meant to be an indictment of your sales methods. And I hope I did not offend you with my remark.

Yes, the Aetna bonus structure is nice. Humana has run two contests in the last year with $10,000 being the top prize.

As much as I would like to have an extra $20,000 in the bank, I did not change a thing about the way I do business and never lost any sleep over it.

I know guys who get into contests and bonuses big time. They throw anything against the wall to make the spiff then they are gone like a thief in the night until the next contest rolls around.

Last month Humana had a broker council meeting in Atlanta and I met 7 other producers from the area. Some of them wrote more than me, some wrote less. One guy did (or so he said) throw in 50 apps to qualify for the $10,000 bonus assuming all got issued and stayed on the books the required length of time.

I missed the 50 apps by 20 or so but was well over the threshold for the $2,000 bonus . . . which arrived last week.

That same guy was bragging about the $100 bounty Blue is paying for new apps and said he was putting everything with Blue until that bonus is over.

I really feel sorry for his clients.

Blue has some lousy plans right now. Can't think of anyone I hate badly enough to stick them with Blue unless there are no other options.

FWIW, he also sold a bunch of Saver plans for the Golden Rule contest and the Humana "lite" plans (no Rx) to try and make his $50k.

He is a kid, late 20's who is full of himself. Just got married (literally 2 weeks ago) and already refers to his wife as "the ball and chain". Brags about how he lies to clients to impress them that his **** doesn't stink.

Like I said, I feel sorry for his clients.

So like I said, my comments were not meant as a judgement of the way you do business. I don't know you, don't know how you deal with your clients. Frankly, it doesn't matter since I can't pay my bills with your bonus checks nor can you pay your bills with mine.

take care,

Bob

Back